Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting main crop potatoes

Options
  • 24-04-2022 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭

We have a small bed of earlies growing in the polytunnel but want to plant maincrop.

We usually see our last frosts here at home 18-20May so planning to plant in maybe another 10 days, how does that sound ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I'd say you could get them in now. Provided the are planted 6 inches or so down it will take month or so for them to appear so you should be well safe enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I planted my main crop spuds last week

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Weezer22

You should be grand to plant them now, especially if you’re from a coastal area.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

the same here got the in at the weekend, planted Aran victors, queens and pinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Deub

Got them also in, this weekend. Frost may happen when they are out but the risk is limited and even then, they will regrow. It should be ok.

Advertisement