Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Concrete House 1930s alternative to external insulation ?

Options
  • 24-04-2022 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

I have a mass concrete house

Built in 1930s

Is there any alternative to external insulation

I have been told external insulation is my only option and you cannot internally insulate a mass concrete house

Is there another option where I do not have to externally insulate and I can seal up my house new windows air tightness and use a heatpump ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Who told you that you can't insulate internally

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Old school?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

External insulation makes a lot of improvements that are hard to achieve otherwise but it certainly is not the only option. You could do work on airtightness with heat recovery with or without internal insulation. Internal insulation is never as good and increases the risk of wood rot if done poorly but it is an option when done well and you don't even have to take that route

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

I found out you can this company does it with a plaster you buy off them and you get your plasterer to put it up.

Only thing I found out was it creates a sweat between the walls.

They say that this plaster is designed so that does not happen but I would like to see it and hear it from owner first hand rather then believe everything you hear.

Advertisement