Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which kitchen design should she go with?

• 25-04-2022 6:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

My mother downgraded and moved to this bungalow craftsman house. She loves cooking and sells food (more like a catering style), so she wants the best for her kitchen. In our old house, we had a classic-modern kitchen. But she read https://www.caesarstone.ca/blog/luxury-kitchen-design-ideas/ and now thinking of maybe turning it into a luxurious kitchen. We listed the pros and cons of both, and she's still 50-50. What do you guys think? Should she go with her usual kitchen style or try a luxurious kitchen for a change? What are your experiences with these kinds of kitchens?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭phormium

Having read that link that to me is entirely a money decision, if she has plenty and she wants it then fire away! It will not make the food any better or life any easier than with a well thought out and planned 'ordinary' kitchen. A few applicances are better in fancy brands there is no denying, I like my Kitchenaid in comparison to an Aldi/Lidl type stand mixer but realistically they both do the job but probably for longer and quieter (can't stand the noise of my Kenwood for example so it lives in utility room).

I cook at lot and had a food business from home too with an old kitchen, I recently extended and put in a new kitchen, now I had worked so long with the old that I knew exactly how I wanted the new one to be laid out and to work. It's borderline perfect and I can't imagine anything I would change in it and it's not an expensive kitchen at all compared to what some people pay, in fact I would say it's low end as such. I got the things I wanted like pull out larder/lots of drawers/storage/second oven (not overly expensive brand either) and have a large island made up of two parts one of which can be moved around.

Nothing in my kitchen would be improved by having a more expensive countertop or in frame doors for example, now if I had mega bucks then I probably would go for those things just because I could but it wouldn't improve the workability or output of the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sunny_Arms

Thanks for sharing your perspective! I'll definitely share it with my mom.

Advertisement