Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush dying?

Options
  • 25-04-2022 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi

Need some advice , taught this due to winter but it does not appear to be recouping and spreading

Any ideas to bring it back to life?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'd say it was dead not just dying. Any chance of a spillage of something in the shed that leaked out?

Ground looks very poor and possibly dry. If its a disease then Phytophthora ramorum or other Phytophthora spp are a possible cause, if thats the case there isn't much you can do as they are soil born.

Post edited by The Continental Op on

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Plus, that soil around the base of the hedge and poor grass seems to significantly contrast the strong grass in the field behind. Is that good soil or just a stony mix? I'd wonder if it's a water / nutrient issue and perhaps the hedge is planted into a compacted stone base with only a light covering of soil.

What consistency is the soil around the hedge down to a foot deep?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The hedge has obviously grown quite well at some stage going by the size of the plants so growing conditions must have been OK at some stage.

So if its not disease something has changed. Lack of moisture or over watering? Was the shed put up after the hedge? Was a cable or pipe put in along the base of the hedge?

Other possibles chemicals, spills or spays, disease, including fungus.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement