Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Switch Calculation

• 25-04-2022 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi All,

Im trying to get some financial context around switching mortgages.

My property is worth circa 480K, with approx 220k on the mortgage.

Im with BOI currently, just come out of a 2 year fixed rate of 2.9%.

Im not sure whether to go for a lower fixed rate i.e. 1.95%, with no cashback, or say 2.5% with cash back.

So what Im trying to be clear on, over say 2-3 years, based on my figures, is .5% difference in interest rates anything substantial, that would offset say 2-3K cashback?

Any other general pointers on switching very much welcome also :)

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Have a look at bonkers.ie and see what the repayment is for different fixed durations with different lenders and compare the calculated monthly repayments versus the cashback. Avant money have some great rates (is 7 year fixed at 1.95%) so don't feel wedded to BOI although I can understand the rationale in wanting to deal with a pillar bank.

Advertisement