Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete my account

Options
  • 25-04-2022 6:33pm

I'm posting on here since around 2007. I've had very few infractions etc in that time.

Yet have been threadbanned and received two further warnings lately... Disagree with all of them as well.. moderation on this site has turned into a joke.

Please advise how I can delete my account. I'm done with this place.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Really? I thought it was harder to pick up warnings lately - what did you do..?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I mentioned immigration with the murders in Sligo, apparently I talked about the case despite mentioning nothing about the case itself but immigrants committing crimes. "threadbanned".

I posted "off topic" by responding to someone on about deporting Ukrainians down the line by saying we don't deport criminals as is and gave an example(I didn't take the thread off topic).

And I said a poster was shilling RTE articles and must be being paid(they were spamming articles without really adding anything themselves). "Discuss the post not the poster".

There used to be a time you'd be infracted for abusing someone or doing something else very black and white... Seems the lines are a lot more blurred now.

I felt like deleting it after the threadban, but I'm done with it now.. if they want to have mods like that with a depleting userbase they won't last very long.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

From the site Privacy Policy

"7.2 You may update or change information related to your account by updating the social media account linked to your profile, or by sending us an email at datarequests@boards.ie. You may request that your information be removed from a Site by emailing us at the address provided above. You may also unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails.

7.3 At any time you can close your Boards.ie user account. Closing your account means we will delete your password, remove any email subscriptions or notifications you may receive, delete all personal data we hold about you and turn off and delete your Private Messages. This process does not remove any posts you have made on the site."

Please email datarequests@boards.ie to initiate your account closure

Thanking you ☺️

Advertisement