Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katie Taylor v. Amanda Serrano

Options
  • 26-04-2022 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Fight will be shown on DAZN. Just reading articles on this fight, it seems that Katie Taylor is the slight underdog for this bout, coming in at EVENS with the bookies - which surprises me.

It looks like it is going to be a long night as the main card is scheduled for 12.30 am.

Any predictions for this bout? I think Katie can take it but something tells me it could be a draw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

i think Katies time is up to be honest but i hope i'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

If Katie wins this fight - I think it would be the best time to retire especially on a big win against Serrano but from what I hear (I've a friend who is a boxing journalist) win lose or draw on Saturday night Katie has no plans to retire just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Only 2 mins rds here so seeing as both girls are so experienced and up for it, I think this could be razor close.

Neither girl really demonstrating their superiority. Katie has better hand speed and feet, but Serrano a more clean, harder hitter/puncher.

I'd very slightly lean with Serrano to get the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Always said Serrano wins this and the signs of decline Taylor has been showing in recent fights only makes me more confident tbh. Difficult to predict stoppages in women's boxing but wouldn't be surprised if Taylor gets wobbled/hurt more than we've ever seen. Hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭bricksNDmortar

I’d be very very worried for Katie if I was in her team. Serrano will do a number on her, Katie is an amazing Pro but the lack of knockout power and her shot decision has rapidly declined the past 18 months. I think Serrano stops her possibly early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Is Serrano really that hard a hitter at lightweight though? She has plenty of KOs on her record but mostly at Featherweight and below (she has been as low as Super Fly Weight).

Her last opponent was Guttierez who she roughed up but never dropped, whereas Katie did drop her early in their fight a few months previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Serrano will win & with relative ease ,

I hope I'm wrong .

Compared to Katie, she punches cleaner and with more substance/impact. Neater as well.

Not a huge hitter, but very clean and accurate and on point.

This is really Katie's first proper world class test, despite what she has achieved to date.

Katie needs to be on the move all night, and never let Serrano settle/plant and unload. Befuddle her with feet and hands speed.

And please, Katie, settle down from time to time. Not every attack needs to be 100 mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not a hope Katie Taylor retires if she wins. Far too much money being left on the table. If she loses though, any mistique goes completely in the female boxing world anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Haven't seen much of Serrano but to me Katie hasn't been that good for a while now and is lucky to still have the 0. I haven't really been that impressed with her in the pro ranks despite being undefeated. Hopefully she wins and retires but think she may finally get caught this weekend.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭megadodge

I'm not entirely convinced that Serrano is the one to beat Katie.

She is moving up in weight and is meeting someone bigger and much faster. I think it really depends on Katie's discipline (or lack thereof). If she sticks to outboxing Serrano, I think she can win, but if she gets stuck in she's giving away her advantages (again) and playing into Serrano's hands.

Katie is currently available at 2.4 (decimal) on Betfair and I certainly think that's worth a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I thought Katie had been poor in her last few fights. Ragged at times and just lacking.

I think Serrano might be too much for Katie, but due to Jake Paul's involvement I really want Katie to pull through.

At this stage though Katie has been treading close to the limit with her performances and the closeness of the decisions.

How is she lucky to have her 0?

she won all her fights. Went out and won them.

one fight, v Persoon was a very hard fought win, but Katie deservedly won it. She won 6/10 rds.

nothing at all to do with luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,236 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It will be tight but Katie wins

This just isn’t going to happen I’ve seen AS fight quite a few times. If she stands and tees off at Katie or counters Katie when She is throwing the Kitchen sink like she always does, she will stop Katie.

katie needs to box very clever and she needs to be moving all night long.

Yes, box, move, in and out and gone.....be very careful when committing...Serrano's best chance is to counter a predictive Taylor.

Katie's fast feet and hands need to be varied all night. Only 20 minutes of action to win. I'd be a little surprised if there is a stoppage. I think this goes to points, with a lot of the action and rounds very tight and difficult to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Can this fight be ordered on virgin media??

So it’s on Dazn, and monthly subscription is €7.99. Seems a reasonable price to pay to get to see it.

My only prediction is the fight will go the distance and it will be close. This seems to be the case with most ladies fights.

• Advertisement

Just the 30 KOs for Serrano in 42 fights gives me reason to believe that IF Katie tries to come inside and engages in a brawl which she sometimes does it could leave her susceptible to a KO.

amanda can hit I’ve watched her a fair bit, if you go back back to Bermudez stippage Daniela came for round 6 7 8 and then got stopped cause she got over eager trying to get inside with short hooks. Ended up with a broken rib and a sore stoppage.

i fear for KT

Just watched the weigh in. Both look in great shape and unlike men's boxing, neither look dehydrated. Serrano well inside the weight so Taylor is definitely the slightly bigger of the two but physically they seem very equally matched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Hope Taylor earns a shed load of dosh and doesn't get badly hurt. Unreal to see women being the main event at Madison Square Garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Just watched a build up with Terry Marsh, she's so far off the mark about Katie it's unreal, said she just soaks punches and looks for soft openings, will try to dominate the middle which is right, but to say Katie is a defensive boxer shows how little she's seen of her.

Ring walk is set for 03:15

Thought both looked great at the weigh-ins but Taylor looked much cooler in the faceoff.

Serrano has never fought at a level remotely close to this, in terms of opponent skill and atmosphere/pressure. Taylor has the better professional CV and has buckets of big fight experience.

If Taylor avoids getting into a slugfest I fancy her to win a relatively comfortable decision.

Excuse me what? Serrano has boxed a lot tougher then Katie has. A comfortable decision whaaaaat!!

• Advertisement

Serrano lot more pro experience..

anyway, fight will come down to who is better on the night. Any previous fights, events and results etc mean little here

Advertisement