Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizontal distance for new socket to internal door frame

Options
  • 26-04-2022 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

I'd like to mount a new double socket on a ring circuit in a bedroom. I'd mount it at 400mm above the floor (like the existing sockets) and was thinking of placing it so that its right edge would be about 80mm from the bedroom door frame.

I was wondering whether there are any regulations about this- i.e. is there a minimum distance that I would need to keep between the door frame and the new socket?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I’m not aware of any requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Never heard of one

You'd probably want to avoid the swinging door hitting an appliance

Same way when dropping near a window you want to avoid curtain pole fixings after

But they're not rules .There's usually general rules to cover installation work which likely say to avoid causing a hazard when siting a socket, there usually is

Advertisement