Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alter Bridge 3Arena Thurs 8th December 2022

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Is that the start. Would the academy have been a better spot

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well the last time they played they did the olympia (same with Halestorm) so was always very ambitous to put them in the 3Arena. I'd expect similar turnout for the Volbeat gig next week too sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

That photo is not a true reflection of the crowd, by the time Halestorm and especially Alter Bridge took to the stage I would estimate the crowd at above 5000. There were transport issues in the City earlier and probably delayed people getting to the venue.

The gig itself was excellent, Wolf Van Halen got around 35mns and he had a problem with his amp during the first song and this was fixed rapidly and he played a good albeit short set and he went down well with the crowd.

Halestorm & Alter Bridge were both excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

That photo is obviously after everyone left!!!

I saw both Halestorm and Alterbridge in their last Olympia concerts and it is a more suitable venue. The 3 arena was too large. I was down on the floor and that was great. I was sent this photo from a friend in the seats. It gives a better view of the actual crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That pic was after the show sorry about the confusion

Yep I misjudged etc but we all mistakes (except me to some posters)

It was a great night overall. Mammoth wvh and Halestorm were good

Alter Bridge were great even if it was plain enough visual wise. Myles was in fine voice aswell as the rest of the guys. The musical talent of the creed members is pretty underated (as are Scott Stapps vocals). Would of loved too of heard 'Watch Over You' and 'Broken Wings' but that happens. A small enough crowd which I imagine could be similar for the upcoming Volbeat show (love to be able to go but life gets in the way). I'd be 50-50 on going to see any of the last night's bands again, I'd feel the show wouldn't change much. 'In Loving Memory' was amazing and me been me at the bar while it started ha. Great way to end my gigs for 2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Of the 3 shows they've had here, I'd say last night's was easily Alter Bridge's best one.

Did they play blackbird?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yep great song

Would love to hear Myles take a stab at some Creed stuff

Love that song. Would be nice to hear some creed live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The confusion?? You followed the pic by saying low enough anyone who wasn't there would assume it was in companionship no?

Turnout was as good as you'd expect much more than Machine Head similar to Nightwish although the seats were pretty much almost sold out in that set up for NW (top tiers closed) but a surprisingly older crowd for them. Standing for AB appeared much much busier.

I was seated Mammoth were a good opener, a tricky start slight delay after first song they had played with the dodgy amp that needed sorting.

The sound was super underwhelming where we were for the opening 3 or 4 songs of Halestorm couldn't hear Josh Smith at all but still no denying the energy of these guys it was getting them by and then when things improved very enjoyable. 'Familar Taste of Poison' was absolutely phenomenal in particular. Here in March and they managed to play 4 different songs in a 9 song support slot including a bside, top act.

I'd agree with Lithium, there was something special about the first Olympia show just due to the years it took to get over, the setlist here was very similar to the second time around actually obviously replacing some to make way for the new stuff they released since however this somehow managed to be the pick of the bunch for me too.

'Slip to the Void' a third of the way through was a tidy surprise. I doubted them after not being sold on the recent material 'Silver Tongue' did sound massive here alright that's a tune.

Great gig I do think they are a bit naive having about half their set irreplaceable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement