Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Jones Believers - How Do Ye Feel Now ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,247 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But when he says there's a big group of people making the calls, he believes that those people are baby eating satanists.

You don't believe that's true. You believe he's wrong.

The information he uses to reach this conclusion must be false because his conclusion isn't true. His line of thinking must also be false for the same reason.

So if he's spreading false conclusions, using false reasoning and false information, how could he be "on to something."

If your belief was true, then this would mean that Alex Jones is still misleading people. Hell he's putting people off of your truth because he's making it look sily.

Same thing with Icke. He also believes that the world is controlled by a group of elites (His elites are just lizard people from the centre of the Earth). Is he "onto something" too?

So what else has Jone's claimed that you believe is plausible? Your one example you've contradicted yourself on. You agree he's talking shite about the vaccine. You believe he was talking shite about Sandy Hook.

What else?

The gay frogs thing maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You wrote:

People are responsible for their own actions, like Alex Jones, what he did really hurt a lot of people. He had no foresight and like Faucci,Gates and Shwab they say the most ridiculous things, and if you question their gospel you'll be a conspiracy theorist or anti whatever.

This is false equivalence. You attempt to paint the e.g. Chief Medical Advisor of the United States as "on the same level" or "similar" to Jones. It's a disingenuous way of indirectly defending someone. Likewise several other posters have used this logical fallacy in this thread.

These are red flags that expose how someone really thinks. You make not agree with Jones and you are "smart" enough not to directly support him, but it's obvious you think he's approximately on the same level as respected international figures (who also happen to be cartoon "baddies" to the conspiracy community) which is, of course, a completely absurd position to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

A lot of people don't trust Faucci, he's lied under oath supposedly. That's quite a strong indicator of mistrust.

No I never defended Jones, nor would I be a fan of himself or Icke etc

You haven't responded yet to me suggesting that you yourself are disingenuous about the thread's you start to lure in conspiracy theorists so you can debunk them.

You yourself disassociate yourself from being a conspiracy theorist. But yet not so long ago you told me you believe in some valid conspiracy theories about different scenarios. As far as I observed you are probably on a similar trajectory or orbit around conspiracy theories as myself. But you lean more to the debunker and I'm slightly close to the conspiracy theories.

Although I have got caught in a few rabbit holes and eventually found my way back to the patch of greener pastures. Always dodging the Fox.

I suppose because I've been prone to getting influenced by conspiracy theories, UFOs and cryptids etc that I have been into the creative writing end of discussion. I don't deny that.

You're clever, wise and quiet self aware. I don't think you're the worst of them. But I think you question things more than the average debunkers. Come on you love a good old conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Iv seem some good clips of Faucci and him being questioned on thing's.

That man is as big a liar and as corrupt a basterd as it gets. But you won't see that on mainstream media though.

Conspiracies happen all the time, only have to open a newspaper.

They bear no relationship with most of the made-up fantastical nonsense posted in here, replete with all the generic anti-science, anti-intellectual and far-left or far-right world views.

As mentioned before, people are only a victim of their own silly or stupid beliefs. The guy who believes satellites aren't real, who rants about anyone who challenges him being a troll, who wants the forum changed so people can't challenge his views, who endlessly plays the victim, who claims everyone is "sealioning" or "purposiing" him or whatever, is only a victim of his own irrational beliefs.

• Advertisement

Is your personal opinion, which also happens to be the opinion of many anti-vaxxers, NWO believers, conspiracy theorists, quacks and so on.

I'm not saying you are one of those, but those opinions put you in company with them. Which is also the target audience for grifters like Jones. That's not a coincidence.

Convince people they are "free-thinkers" and "special".

Well you have seen a lot of the debunkers calling people names and all kinds of childish digs.

Would you condone their irrational shortcomings ?

Do you take every debunker on these threads as having good will towards the opposition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

My opinion based on what iv seen.

You think hes an angel of some sort? Do your research. Look up on YouTube Rand Paul v Anthony Faucci.

Same old label's of conspiracy theorists yadda yadda when people have a different point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,247 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Again, Jones was claiming that the Sandy Hook was faked by actors.

People are not closed minding for pointing out that a very stupid thing to believe. Your rant is very funny when put in the context of what it's defending.

“google”, “nbcnews”, “splc” lol…

Some people are beyond redemption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Most people I’ve talked to - who got the vaccine - didn’t even consult with their GP beforehand. They have just read some “medical advice” on the internet and go ahead and inject the drugs without consulting with a professional. It’s insane, but oh yeah, we’re the “anti-science” ones.

If your child was murdered in a school shooting, you wouldn't have a problem with a conspiracy host spreading lies about the shooting for money, resulting in his followers harassing you for years, sending you death threats, causing your family to move?

Or you would have a problem with it?

That's what this thread is about. The greater point is that these "harmless" conspiracy theories can be harmful, as demonstrated by what has been happening. And cut this tribalist crap about "debunkers", you start talking Sandy Hook BS anywhere and anyone will pull you up for talking nonsense.

If you want to, you can consult with professional before getting the Covid vaccine, but there's no requirement to (unless you are quite old or have an underlying health issue)

This is pretty much common knowledge. People who are anti-science or whatever have an irrational distrust of science, leading them to assume vaccines are dangerous, etc. Again, these people are the target audience for grifters like Jones.

Funny but when I got my vaccine, I definitely talked to a nurse and went through symptoms that were possible before taking the injection.

Anyway, none of this has anything to do with Alex Jones, only the overlap between anti-vaxx loons and Jones acolytes. It's refreshing to see Jones getting slagged. The jury award is high, and the trial's in Texas which has tight limits on punitive damages (got to protect those corporations at all costs in the Lone Star state), but this hasn't fully played out yet.

That's the problem right there. They trusted the science because science is always right. There's still plenty of intelligent idiot's out there this evening in a pair of shorts, sandals, topless and spraying roundup around their fancy 4×4's in their driveways. Didn't even read the label.

Isn't your doctor supposed to go through one's medical history before they administer something . Just in case you could be allergic to an ingredient.

But 99.98% of people don't necessarily need to get the vaccines. They'll be fit enough to cope with the disease.

FFS don't say that,we want to herd them all together.

The current thing sometimes has a sting.

Feel free to bring this back to the anti-vaxx thread. Oh wait... sorry, you've been threadbanned there. Looking towards this one as a pathetic attempt to get approval for your whackadoodle beliefs?

So, what about Alex Jones?

It’s not “if you want to you can”... of course you can, what I’m saying is that you should talk to your GP before taking a new drug you only read about on the internet. How do you know whether the drug is suited to you? Are you a doctor ? Your doctor is there to advise you on such decisions... but oh no, give me 4 doses of the stuff because it’s “common knowledge” that it’s ok to inject it.

In my opinion using the death, emotional pain, and stress to point the finger at conspiracy theorists is quite a sick thing to do.

It's ignorant and pretty much why the conspiracy theorists and on the fence people tend to drift away from trying to use this for a "gotchas, how do you feel now" . Thats just like blaming a whole religion for the actions of a few nut jobs who think they'll get 37 virgins if they blow themselves up.

Thread title

Alex Jones believer's, how do you feel now ?

Another tactic by debunkers, make up a headline and use it to guilt shame a group of people.

And you're all for it Mr.

See how the conspiracy theorists and on the fence people tend not like to talk about carnage. But the debunkers use it to get a point across. As if the parents hadn't enough to go through but yet you're using it to get a point across on the internet.

“I definitely talked to a nurse...”

Lol... There you have it. I don’t know if you realise how ridiculous this sounds, so let me break it down for you : You sought medical advice from someone who isn’t qualified to give it.*

You might as well tell me you bought some of that toothpaste that “kills” Covid because Alex Jones told you so.

*: This is not to take away from all the great work they do.

• Advertisement

Some of your buddy's were banned too lol for posting like you do.

I've silenced you plenty of times over on that thread, and you'd scurry away and not respond. You come in with some lame dig and off you'd run to the mods when I'd put you in your place.

I've said enough now, go run to the moderator about this response. If I get a thread ban I'll consider it a self sacrifice in order to save you from my mean words. You're some dose you are lol toddle along now, do what you always do.... telling tales.

Guys watch this one, he's one of the sealions:)

Funny, thought you had me on ignore. SO, that was a lie then?

People have had their lives ruined by Jones. A charlatan who sells lies for profit.

Yet your "concern" is all this is that him being sued might hurt the feelings of a bunch of people who parrot some of those lies. I feel sorry for people who fall for his nonsense, I feel even more sorry for their families who have to put up with it, I have no sympathy for those who sit on the fence validating and encouraging these people, making excuses for them, playing the victim.

I see. Nurses unqualified o.k. (Doctor's present, too.) So, tell me, where do you get your medical advice from? Alex Jones, the subject of this thread?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

You had 28 bodies in morgues, just how much BS are you willing to swallow? And Alex Jones is professional he did it purely for profit and nothing else.

I get an appointment with my doctor and ask him.

The point in relation to thread is that you think we all blindly follow and Alex Jones and co. with regard to various conspiracy theories. In fact we know most of the stuff is “out there” and treat it with a sense of humour (something that most of you seem to be missing). But in any case most of his theories are speculative and don’t affect our lives directly, so there’s a large element of “so what” about it.

Whereas for real life decisions - what you inject into your body, and into your kids’ bodies - you just go with the prevailing, trending “common knowledge”. That doctor that you say was “present”, did it enter your mind to ask his advice ? Or was it more that everybody else seems to be doing this so I’ll just go along with it ? But we’re the ones you claim are brainwashed...

Again, this is the Alex Jones thread. If you want to talk about vaccine safety, there's another.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 end_101

Alex Jones has long denied that he thinks Sandy Hook was faked, so the whiners in here are pooing on old news which is no longer even relevant, but are continuing outdated character assassination for their own self-flattering ego satisfaction. Has any of you even watched the Joe Rogan interviews or even one documentary? I highly doubt it given your extreme woke emotional theatrics and hyperbolic bombast.

Jones was too effective in 2016 rallying up the American right, i.e opposition to Clinton, thus ever since he has been a target of not only the Clintons but the entre Democratic party and their associate billionaire funders. They could not allow this to happen again thus he had to go and they had to remove him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 end_101

😂 ok just whining far-left liberal loons then, that's also science, why? because it's an opinionated hotake on twitter, which would totally check out as factual.

Advertisement