Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on mothproof carpets

Options
  • 27-04-2022 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

So I bought a house, did it up, but there was a recurring leak in my brand new roof, sigh. The combo of damp and a fancy jumper lost under the bed led to my wool carpets that were meant to last me 12 years lasting me 2, because moths. Carpets in both bedrooms a lost cause (ask me about picking out larvae) but the hall and stairs remained mysteriously undamaged. A dead larva was found on a step but it might have been carried. Owl did me one spray - didn’t work. Rentokil is now on its 2nd spray. I’m replacing the bedroom carpets of course but turns out the hall and stairs were untouched because they’re moth proof. I would love to keep the hall and stairs carpet (this is all very pricey) and Rentokil says I can. The moth proofing does seem to be working! That said, no wool is 100% safe and I don’t want to live like this again. What do you think, those who have lived through moth Armageddon? Should I get rid of hall and stairs carpet too or just bedrooms?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Advertisement