Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV cables

Options
  • 27-04-2022 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

KN installed tv cables on my house in Finglas, d1 a few years ago ..the cables recently came off the fixings and are now hanging across my front bedroom windows..i rang KN and they never responded..am i entitled to cut the cables off ..I dont and never have had cable tv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You need to ring Virgin Media rather than KN.

There is probably a way leave agreement there for the original cables, going back to the olden days.

Same cables do broadband as well as TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

The present owner is the only one who can give agreement to cables attaching to their property.A previous wayleave no longer applies when the property changes hands.Especially as mohone does not use VM services I would approach them and ask that the cables be fixed back.Alternatively,ask for a concession on a rental package,if interested.The cable company who,originally installed the cables most likely had no agreement from the householder.If,they did it is very unlikely the paperwork still exists.The original paperwork no longer applies,anyway.VM or each new owner of the cables should have approached the householder at the time for an agreement.mohone is in control here-if VM want to keep the cable routing they must negotiate.mohone can contact them initially by 'phone(you will be ignored or told you'll be contacted).Follow it by email.Be persistent

Advertisement