Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fassaroe SHD

Options
  • 27-04-2022 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭

A new website has been published recently by Cosgrave Group for the Fassaroe SHD:

Fassaroe SHD – By Cosgraves

It looks interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Has construction began on this project?

When you are looking up towards the mountains from the Peoples Park you can see something going on. I wonder is this the ground works for this project.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

There is some skeleton infrastructure being put in place in the vicinity. However, the aforementioned SHD is in a consultation period as of the date posted nevermind a planning application. So, we could be waiting a couple of years before we see anything solid, housing or retail wise going up.

I had a look at the Cosgrove plans, they are looking to build apartment blocks. You would hope that the apartments are not directly in eye sight when you are looking at the Wicklow mountains from the Peoples Park.

They have ruined the view of the Dublin mountains when driving towards Cherrywood from Ballybrack. A proper eyesore.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wouldn’t with this. We need to build and there’s nothing wrong with Cherrywood. You can’t stop developments in a city because it has mountains in the background. You could argue that Ballybrack has ruined the view from Killiney so.

We all know that new houses have to be built and that requires empty land. Plenty of space at Fassaroe to develop without ruining views.

I wouldn't agree with what you say about Ballybrack ruining the view from Killiney when Ballybrack is at the bottom of the hill. I totally understand the need for housing and I'd never be against it. My point being, they are planning to build apartment blocks and houses, if it was me in the planning authority I'd be recommending that the apartment blocks are not in line of sight from the peoples park.

If you think there is nothing wrong with Cherrywood, fair enough. I think its an eyesore, especially viewing from the top of the dual carriageway at Ballybrack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

I thought this scheme was rejected by planners?

Reason being the road infrastructure would be unable to cope,

maybe in future they could reapply, when the N11 is widened.

Also, Cosgraves started a site off Ballyman road, near to Berryfield, was going to be 12 luxury social houses.

Its called Annabasky Glen. All work was stopped a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Anybody know what became of the great plans for a "sports campus" including a 400mtr track that was proposed for Fassaroe a couple of years back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Assuming it's SHD and going ahead??

Advertisement