Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Future Endeavors (New round of releases 21/9/23)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Grimes had a good start to his call up as well iirc, beating Corbin a few times and then just.... Vanishing. A bit of a shame but he got smashed there recently in a couple of mins on a recent episode of Smackdown so the writing was probably on the wall unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wonder will Ricochet get cut

Maybe Vinci is gone and last night was to write him off

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Doubt Ricochet will get cut he’s heavily featured every week on raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,241 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ricochet is one of the company’s biggest stars ffs

• Advertisement

One of if not thee one high flyer in WWE, insane spot man is needed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I can definitely see Grimes making his way back to WWE. It could just be an unfortunate of case of being on main roster money while not being used, which would be hard to sell under the new regime.

Still....they've used NXT recently to ensure people still have something to do like Corbin, so it really is quite surprising. Grimes has that bit of Bryan about him, good in the ring and brilliant at character work. Bit of a shocker.

Whatever they're doing with Uncle Howdy I would have thought there was a good chance he'd finally get his chance and be involved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/cameron-grimes-told-last-week-he-didnt-need-to-worry-about-losing-wwe-job

Literally the last time I was at TV, I had a pretty high executive tell me -- because, you know, I was worried. Starting this stock market gimmick, it made me see businesses in a different light, you know what I mean? Following these companies and playing with stocks, I would see things in a different light. So I knew that I haven't worked in over a year and I'm making a decent salary. So I knew that if someone was to look at the books, I'm going to be the first person that's going to be cut. If you're looking at it strictly as money-wise. But if you're looking at it as like, 'Ok, well if this is a talent that can do something for us.' You know what I mean, they're going to keep me.

So I was told by a high executive last week on Friday that I would always have a job here. I would never have to worry about losing my job here, after expressing my concerns like that to him.

And then five days later, they called me and told that I do lose the job. So I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Ari Emanuel’s total compensation for 2023 has to come from somewhere Endeavor ($83.9m) and from TKO ($64.9m) a total of $148.8m roster cuts and crazy ticket prices are needed to keep the CEO getting that kind of money.

Regards,

P.

Does The Rock have a say in the cuts?

• Advertisement

Cameron Grimes has revealed that United States Champion Logan Paul reached out to him following his WWE release on Tuesday:"This is gonna sound weird because the level of star he is, but Logan Paul actually reached out to me, and I thought that was pretty cool because he's a megastar really, even beyond wrestling. "He reached out to me and said some stuff to me, so that helps me feel good."(Busted Open Radio)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Trevor Lee will absolutely have no problem finding work. It's just very unfortunate, as he said himself they weren't using him and he was on good money, so he was almost braced for it.

Ok so why post it in this thread then?

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

Big deal Drew staying, serious star power and he's been showing why he's a top level guy. Great jigsaw puzzle piece for TKO to fit in going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭SteM

You didn't pull anyone up on AEW talent being released being posted on this thread, or discussing the future of Drew and Finn even though they hadn't been released. Why only complain about one thing?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rumours of more nxt cuts coming

Drew Gulak has been released

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not surprising considering he was removed from No Quarter Catch Crew's entrance and it was heavily implied Dempsey had the Family take care of him.

Other names are

• Darrell Mason
    • Vlad Pavlenko
    • Ezekiel Balogun
    • Kiyah Saint
    • Emma Diaz
    • Valentina Feroz
    • Keyshawn Leflore
    • Trey Bearhill
    • Julian Baldi
    • Boa

Of those I only know of Boa, Valentina Feroz and Trey Bearhill. I think one or two others may have been on Level Up and apparently Baldi, Leflore and Diaz were on that new NXT reality show.

Boa disappeared for a while then they started teasing something with Dante Chen which seemed to stopped with Dante showing up as normal in recent matches.

They kept trying to make Feroz happen but she never clicked.

Trey Bearhill had the Native American thing going but Eddy Thorpe just had a better look with it. Actually surprised with how they do seem to team people with similar heritages up that they never put Trey and Eddy together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baldi, Diaz and Leflore I recognise from that new show Next Gen… so much for that eh. 😅

Gable Stevenson is gone.

Part of me wonders if they realized releasing Gulak over his alleged incident, while keeping the actual convicted rapist, might have felt a little hypocritical…

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't think he was?

Then again Mike Tyson is a hall of famer so maybe it would not have meant a whole lot to people that used to be at WWE if Gable was convicted or not.

whoops, you’re right, he’s not convicted. He seemed to got off on a technicality.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1576037/backstage-details-wwe-isnt-re-signing-drew-gulak/

While recent reports indicated that Drew Gulak had been released from WWE, WWE's Chief Content Officer Paul "Triple H" Levesque has since clarified (at the WWE Backlash post-show press conference) that Gulak was not released from his WWE contract, but rather, faces his contract not being renewed. Following Levesque's statement, Fightful Select has now provided an update on why WWE opted not to renew Gulak's deal, which is set to expire next month.

According to the outlet, Gulak's alleged backstage incident with Ronda Rousey was not the determinant in WWE's decision to not re-sign him, although his public reply to Rousey's claim is said to have "made things worse" for him.

Within the "WWE NXT" locker room, Gulak was reportedly labeled as a "bully" after he repeatedly targeted injuries of talent who were recovering from minor physical issues at that time. As an example, one "NXT" talent told Fightful's Corey Brennan that Gulak intentionally re-dislocated a finger during an "NXT" match after it was already previously dislocated. A similar incident reportedly occurred at a 2023 "NXT" taping where Gulak purposely spiked an opponent in a match, after which he was "verbally reprimanded" by Senior Vice President of Talent Development Creative Shawn Michaels and the coaches of "NXT."

That whole teacher stuff on the 2K games for WWE clearly went to his head. Sounds like a horrible character from all the stuff coming out about him now

Amazing that all these bullying allegations were seemingly openly going and nothing was done about it. Now that he has been sacked multiple talents are speaking out It seems sometimes more that things change the more the stay the same. Only for Ronda speaking out it probably would have continued and he would still have a job.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jerry The King Lawlers contract wasn't renewed

Could get the classic commentary duo in AEW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Advertisement