Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stocks and Bank of Ireland

• 30-04-2022 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Just wondering if you can buy stocks or fractional shares from your current or saving accounts at the Bank of Ireland. For example, if I wanted to put 2000 euros from my savings account into Tesla or Google would they do that for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,146 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

As far as I know Bank Of Ireland or AIB or any of the mainstream banks no longer support share dealing of any kind in branch or online.

Etoro allow you to buy fractional shares, Degiro don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Likewise, revolut also allows fractional shares.

Even if BOI and AIB had share dealing, it still wouldn't be for you. Davy and goodbody have ridiculous charges, making it impossible for people only looking to invest a few grand to make any money.

However, with both revolut and etoro, watch out for hidden charges.

Degiro is the best and consistently low charges. If fractional shares are not a deal-breaker, then I'd go with degiro.

Whatever you do OP, don't take any heed of investment advice offered by randomers on boards, especially those with nearly 80,000 posts.

Advertisement