Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gw 36 transfer thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Need to replace Ramsey..... Gordon or Dewsbury-Hall??

Possibly the most underwhelming conundrum in the history of FPL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

On FH and Allison is my Gk……thinking of a change.

Is it chasing points switching to Schmeichel?

At mo have -

Alli

Cash VVD Cancelo

Salah Kulu KDB (C) Saka

Watkins Richi Jesus

Bench-Foster Gordon Collins Andersen

• I see on FF site they have Richarlison down as a doubt to play?

Thanks for any thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Lampard said that Richarlison has a minor ankle injury, since the Liverpool game. But seeing as he played against Chelsea since, I'd guess that that is just attempting to throw doubt into the opposition's manager mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

TAA & Son or Robertson & De Bruyne?

Cant bloody decide and been staring at it too long

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Robertson mightn't play and KDB looks bate - hope that helps I'd go with the other 2

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭The Guru 123

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Cheers for the pointers, I was leaning that way anyway. Will go with that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Toney/Coady to Nketiah/Alonso with 2FT to get me up to 15 DGW and BB active

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭shmeee

I've my finger over a -12 and I have 2 FT's and BB active.... Have to move tonight due to price changes as bang on the money. I genuinely think I've never taken a -12 in all my years playing FPL!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What is the move?

In GW28, I activated BB and done a -12 specifically for players with good games that week as I was WCing in GW30. I got 51(-12) from that move. It can work & it really should be when you have a good feeling players have really good fixtures in a DGW & you want them.

My aim was 32 (-12) with the move. A +20 off the chip. That would be a success

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Dennis or Pukki to start?

The intended transfers are;

Weghorst -> Richarlison

Ramsey -> Gordon

Doherty -> Cash

Rudiger -> Tavares

Broja -> Nketiah

BB active and squad of all DGWer's:

Schmeichel

TAA, James, Cancelo, Cash

Salah (c), Mount, Son

Richarlison, Watkins, Nketiah

Bench: Ramsdale, Kulu, Tavares, Gordon

Rudiger has to go to fund the above, it was either him or Mount TBH. Doherty was fully out sure and Ramsey maybe 1 game if lucky.

I like the look of it and comparing it to BB37, it has potential to go well and as you said, I'd happily take getting net 20-ish points with it. 2 decent returns from the bench would be most welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cout to Maddison is my last remaining thought. With them out of Europe now, hopefully Mads gets the remaining game time and they have Norwich which is as good a chance as any to rack up a few points

I'd be inclined to keep Kane if I had him. But then again, I have KdB and not Kane. Hard to know. Having Kane / Son for Gw38 has to be a winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

For what it's worth, I'm thinking of doing something similar to your no.1 suggestion.

Kane & Havertz to KDB & Jesus. Think it might have a better upside although afraid of what Son might do.

That's the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've done Mateta to Dennis after reading rumours Vieira will play Zaha up top. Means Sterling gets a reprieve for another week, but I won't be risking the captaincy on him this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭scotchy

Am on bench boost. What are thoughts on replacing Robertson for a -4, or will i just stick with him and hope he gets both games?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Current Team:

Ramsdale,

TAA, Cancelo, White

Salah, Kulu, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Saka

Pukki, Kane

(Sanchez, Dennis, Emerson Royal, Dalot)

Would it be worth BB this week? Also Dennis or Pukki to start? If I finish top of this league I owe you guys a pint :)

Unfortunately I was €0.1m short for KdB & Jesus - I most likely would of went that route.

Ive now gone Cucho to Nkietah. Benched Coutinho & no hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Should I start Foster or Pope????

In Legoland atm, brain totally scrambled 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Yes.

You might be bricking it holding out for a clean sheet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Trigger pulled last night as Doherty was to drop and he did.

Moved Cash to bench for Tavares to have as true a bench I'd feel to see what value the BB chip brings.

Majority chasers in MLs have BB left also so I feel we will actually all end up with similar teams this GW which would be the finest to be honest to hold a lead. But I was probably the only ape to go -12.

Likewise, I'd go Pope, higher ceiling and save points I feel with him even if only a SGW. And TBH a bit of a differential too. A good 8 GW's or so ago since Foster had any sort of score above the 1/2/3 point range.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Anyone else taking a punt on Vardy? Could be massive differential, am worried about his minutes but need to role the dice. Looking at Ronnie/Elanga/Weggie out to Jesus/vardy/Gordon.

• Advertisement

I've done the opposite of missing the deadline - I was waiting until just before 11am to make transfers thinking that was the deadline!

Oh well, KDB & Jesus in for Havertz & Kane. No BB but have 11 potential DGWers.

That said, is anyone else thinking GW37 may not be the best use of the FH for whoever has it left?

This week I have Alonso, Robertson, White all at risk of not playing both games coupled with the City rotation of KDB & Jesus which I know are risky. Feel my team has a good team on paper but other players at the same clubs might do better - I'd prefer TAA over Robbo, think I'd like Son after getting rid of Kane, Nketiah I'd like over White as Arsenal cover (Ramsdale & Saka already) and could get a City defender over Jesus.

Obviously won't be loading up on Everton, Villa, Palace and Leicester in the double but I think I am okay for GW37 otherwise with a transfer here and there.

Everywhere I've been reading has recommended BB (which I don't have) in GW36 and FH in 37 which I am going for as things stand but somethnig nagging at me telling me a FH in 36 could be great to really attack it. Anyone else thinking similar or willing to set me straight?

Yes I might be tempted to hold the FH until GW38 as there are some tasty fixtures there & everything could be wide open. But 2 matches to go & things will change. This week is very important in all aspects of the PL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

^^^^

My plan has always to FH in 37, however like yourself I wont be going mad on players from the DGW clubs, maybe Coutinho if he performs this gameweek and perhaps Vardy but I still think he is a trap so he'd want to get a haul this weekend to even consider him for 37.

There is an argument that a FH in 38 might yield a better score, especially if top 4, the league title and the relegation battles are all unresolved. The other advantage of FH38 is that all the games kick off simultaneously and we might get team sheet leaks before the deadline which could be valuable for City assets.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I am actually looking at a FH this GW36.

It might sound mental given I have 11 DGW players but there is a feeling in me if I had other players from the same teams, I could gain an extra 30/40 points. Some rotation risks whilst players in the same team are that bit safer.

Looking at the following who I own v who I'd prefer

Kulu < Son

White < Nketiah

Robertson < TAA/VVD

Jesus < Dias

Ramsdale < Schmeichel (not same team I know)

Alonso < Extra Liverpool/City defender

Maybe just massively overthinking it. Roll on 1.30pm 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Been a while since I posted. I've gone from top of my money league 2 months ago to 100 points behind. Punt central this week as I really don't expect a miracle.

Two options:

Kane -> Nketiah, Willock -> KDB (Triple Captain)

or Werner --> Nketiah, Willock -> Foden (Triple Captain)

Don't expect heroics from Kane this week but there's never a bad time to get rid of Werner (... WTF was I thinking).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Brought in rich and Jesus this week

I’ve no clue what dbgw player to bench though

robbo matip Gabriel alonso

saka kdb Havertz son kulu

rich Jesus

maybe kulu or havertz?

havertz due a haul

Finding it impossible

any ideas anyone?

Ive gone free hit this week rather than next week better quality teams this week rather than next week.all you have next week really are Everton villa and Leicester rather than the big guns today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Activated FH last week and ended up booking a last minute trip away so currently in a hotel lobby trying a cobble a team together.

Schmeichel

Dias TAA Matip

Salah KDB Son Maddison Saka

Jesus Nketiah

Zero itb

Any thoughts?

Jesus is a bit of a punt but feel like attacking it and going for double attack rather than defence. Diaz and Ricky are in my thoughts too.

I like it, similar to a draft FH I've done. Could you do Tielemans to Maddison? I like him for some reason.

Or switch Jesus to Dias. Safer as such.

Diaz is it? I wouldn't be too keen on Tielemans, returns are fairly sporadic! Cue a brace now this week 😅

No, Dias CB for City.

Think he'd be more nailed on for the 180 mins than Jesus and should get 2 CS's. Upside of course is Jesus bagging a few, I've brought Jesus in myself, wanted Dias but didn't want to take a hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Are either Zinchenko or Ake likely to play both games anyone reckon?

Yeah I have Dias in alright, like him for this week. Prefer Jesus to Foden I think, hoping he'll get 120 mins or so, plenty of time for him to do damage. Going to roll with that team I think and captain KDB.

Sorry what am I thinking, I thought you had Cancelo so I was advising getting Dias as well. I would like the City defensive double up of Cancelo & Dias.

It's a lock

• Advertisement
Advertisement