Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reseed nettles and lime

• 30-04-2022 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Looking at reseeding field with high nettle population .was thinking of harrowing liming harrowing again before seeding will the incorporation of lime in this manner help breakdown nettle roots to prevent reemergence or is there a better method of eliminating nettles in reseed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Grazon kills 90% of nettles, it'd be better to spray them before you start, breaking up the roots will only propogate them. I had them here in a field....only a few and ten times as much came up in the reseed. I could've swore they were in the grasseed they were that bad.

It was only two acre so I individually sprayed them as there was a huge lot of clover.

Grazon is expensive, maybe there's another spray equally as effective but roundup doesn't kill nettles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Does MCPA kill nettles does anyone know?

Have a few patches in a field, and will spot spray them. Have some MCPA for rushes, wondering will do a job on nettles as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

I think It'll kill them but they will be back in a few weeks.

Advertisement