Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Banking

Options
  • 01-05-2022 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Is there any way of doing online banking with BOI without a smartphone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

This really annoys me, an elderly relative, whose eyesight would not be as good as it was, while they can use a computer to do their banking, doest have a smartphone, and no desire to get one. They also cant go to their branch (if it was still there!), which is a scandal, I know it is for security reasons but it should note be forcing you to use a phone, and should have alternatives.

Even myself I hate some services that require phone authentication frequently since signal is very weak where I am at times and a landline or fixed ethernet connection is what you have to use

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Nightshad3

I know AIB have a card reader for authentication, do BOI have anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I think they all do... i was doing on-line banking way before i got smartphone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Nightshad3,

Thanks for your post.

Regulations have been introduced to help fight fraud and make you more secure online. When you access online banking now, you will need to use a Security Device. This can be a smart phone/tablet or a PSK (Physical Security Key). We do recommend using a smart phone or tablet as its easier, faster and you'll most likely always have this to hand.

You can find more information on PSK here and customers who do not have a smart phone or tablet can request one by contacting us on 0818365365.

Thanks

Tara

Advertisement