Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GB Sewing Bee

Options
  • 01-05-2022 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭

New series started last week with a new presenter Sarah Pascoe. Anyone watching?

A couple of stand out contestants already. Liked some of the final dresses, would wear a couple myself :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm in!

Love, love, love this series. Just old-fashioned feelgood TV.

And although I'm very sad that Joe Lycett has moved on, I thought Sara was great.

Can't remember any individual sewers, the show moved at a gallop and it was very late at night that I watched, and there may have been wine involved - takes me a few weeks to properly get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think the languages teacher for the final name begins with a B I think?

I loved her transformation and sports jkt outfits.

The making of shoes was unexpected....I'm actually surprised the lady who totally didn't finish survived. Those eyelets looked horrendous to do, was also surprised to see the lady with one hand doing her own....I thought someone would help her, fair play to her as I know I'd struggle with two hands.

Anyone finish out watching the series?

I was surprised to see Brogan fade so badly towards the end, she was whipping them all at the start! But her style just didn't seem to suit the judges at all, and she was a poor judge of fabrics - her selection sank her in quite a few rounds!

Annie was a very worthy winner - she flew just under the radar for most of the series, but when you saw flashbacks of her pieces they were all (well, mostly) fabulous.

And her made to measure for the final round was nothing short of magnificent!!

I thought Deborah might pip her, but for sheer style, Annie deserved it.

Great series, I'm going to miss it!

I missed the last 10 mins due to Wimbledon and recording not picking it up....so Annie won 😂

I agree about Brogan. She seemed to decline as Deborah got better.

For a winner Annie didn't get alot of exposure during the season.

Christmas special bbc1 Thursday 22 at 8pm

Celebs Johannes radebe, Natalie Cassidy, Rosie Ramsey and penny Lancaster.

For the amount of tv I watch I think I know one of them!!!!

• Advertisement

This started up again tonight - and I had no idea!!

Will have to catch up later tonight.

Anyone going to tune in?

Ah poop I didn't see it advertised either.... hopefully it's repeated during the week, though you don't miss much on first episode.

They're an awfully weepy lot this time!!

But a very nice bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Yes I’m tuned in! Seem like a nice bunch alright although I find the older lady, Gilly's way of talking a bit irritating!

She reminds me a bit of an actress who won masterchef a while back, whose name escapes me - that ditzy, slightly breathless manner is very irritating alright!

The guy doing the slightly bondage- style gear could prove interesting as time goes on!!!

• Advertisement

Is this week's one repeated at all? I've series linked it anyway but wouldn't mind scheduling a cup of tea time, to catch up beforehand.

If you have Sky it’s repeated at 1:15am on Tuesday morning on BBC2 ☕️

Oh yes, are you thinking of Sophie Thompson? Now you say it….

Brilliant that's Wednesday morning tea break sorted 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Been on hols so only watched it last night. Loving the Dr's stuff. She is very talented imo (can't remember her name)

Anyone still watching? Don’t know if it’s just me but seems a bit repetitive this time, I find myself drifting on to my phone while it is on.

I'm the same.

At the risk of being offensive....I honestly don't care who the contestants are. However there appears to be a pattern (no pun) it's like a box ticking exercise one person from each "walk of life" rather than the best applicants.....so it makes , for me anyway, the programme way more repetitive....rather than thinking "I wonder what Sarah/johnn will come up with next" we're getting home economics level sewers turning out poorly finished clothes but they have an "interesting" backstory.

The Dr is very good, I think she's the one to watch.

This all day long.

All these shows seem to have gone down the box-ticking road - and the more bonkers the back-story, or contestant, the better. GBBO and Masterchef are the same. Definitely the standard of sewer (in the case of this show) has gone down over the years.

They're an absolute juggernaut of a format, so they keep going and going - but the early years of any of these shows are definitely the best ones. Then they just seem to get a bit repetitive and start looking for "angles" to freshen it up. Yawn.

I wasn't overly impressed with the crochet business - with the exepction of the winning suit (which I still wouldn't wear), I wouldn't pick any of them out of a bargain bin! And WTF was that purple coat about?

The doctor - purple coat excepted - was a bit all faux modesty for me this week - she's good, she knows she's good, and I'd say she's ruthless behind it all!

I wish they'd do a programme just featuring Fauve - I'd listen to her reciting the phone book!

Thank god yer man and his bondage gear and stilettos is gone - I'm sure I'm not allowed to express any opinion good or bad, but he was just a step too far for me.

Well it's been a fast 10 weeks!!!

I never really warmed to Asmaa but she was a very worthy winner. The final dress was a knockout.

• Advertisement

100%

She really wasn't my favourite, I thought she had more than a bit of faux modesty about her - but that final dress was up there with the best ever on Sewing Bee. Whatever about the rest of the series, she deserved the win for that alone.

Poor Mia, I felt so sorry for her! She was a very gracious "loser".

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if we hear of Mia in the future....she seemed to have a natural flair and she's so young.

Mia's dress would have been a stunner too if it had worked but hats off to Asmaa, her dress was amazing and beautifully made. The way it unfurled was just gorgeous.

Christmas special is on Thursday at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

New season starts tonight with a new host! I like Kiell Smith-Bynoe as a comedian so see how he is as a presenter!

Advertisement