Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petty revenge stories before changing Jobs?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

what' i'm saying is, if that happened to me i could call the gardai and say this "hey this bint is blackmailing my company"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Has anyone done a poo in the canteen kettle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Instead of sh*tting in the office, how about this innovative approach.

Classic 😂

”Surfaces were “destroyed with excrement” when employees arrived to the premises at Rathbeg, Kinsale later that day.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

It was a risky thing to do as her boss could easily have got the authorities involved, also took balls of steel on her part to do it, fair play to her. I'd imagine when she returned she got a frosty reception and once she unlocked the files she wouldn't have been trusted with anything of any significance and anything she did do had to be separately backed up. I would think she had to look for another job as she was probably miserable there after returning, pretty **** of her to give no notice after what she had done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'm against what she did regarding the files but I'm actually fine with her not giving any notice given that her employer walked in and told her she was gone at the end of the day. He didn't give her any reason for being let go, gave her no notice period nor was she entitled to any redundancy as the labour laws in her State were very poor. Employees had feckall rights. So "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I doubt she was missed as she probably was surplus to requirements once they unlocked the files. Tbh neither her or her boss come across well from this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

That's the best revenge story yet. Because they'll never be able to prove it... and it's the sort of story, that if got around, no one would really believe it anyway!

@BrianD3 Thread disappoints, I thought it would be stories of Top Decking the toilets or leaving sh*tes in filing cabinets.

Your comment disappoints me. That's child's stuff... in a different league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

One man I worked with was suspected of throwing a haddock being a huge filing cabinet that was in front of a radiator. Huge effort required to get rid of it as the cabinets had to be emptied before they could be moved.

In the same company, the email system was very precarious even though it was a large system with hundreds of users across many international offices. It would frequently hang for a few mins if someone sent a large mail to more than a handful of people. Anyway fella that was being made redundant decided to send several all-staff goodbye mails with gigantic (for the time) attachments on his last day. Others that were in the departing cohort got in with the reply all's. It took at least three days before the admins could get a handle on the situation to bring the mail system back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Not sure if it's a job leaving story or revenge story both or neither, but i went to school with a guy, know him for years. He worked in the speed vans. He hated the job. He told me once he was going through the cabinet in the back of the van in a shift and found a bag. With a big shite in it.

Long shift. No toilet facilities. Last guy forgot to bring home his jobbie with him

Any revenge that doesn’t involve poo is amateur hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

There was a ticketing system we were using and the manager didn't like it because she didn't pick it out and always claimed it was too complicated. She got really annoyed with the feature where sayings would appear randomly at the end. The team were able to add to the list and people were having fun. She insisted it be removed as it was unprofessional and that only she could write the sayings that were shown and she changed them to "Remember to fill in your time sheet" and other work related sayings.

She was completely clueless with IT and would write her password on a piece of paper. As I had installed the software and had all admin rights I set up her account to take quotes from an internet database of quotes. The best part was I made it get them randomly and keep adding to the list. Then removed her rights and deleted my admin role. Handed her a manual for how to deal with it that included details of how to undo what I had set up but I knew she would never read it. I was gone 2 weeks before it kicked in. She could only see the messages were being added by her and when.

She was convinced the network was hacked and went to IT about it and they just shrugged and said they never installed the software and knew nothing about it. The project manager had gotten permission for me to add it on condition we maintained it but the we was me alone. IT basically said nothing odd was going on and no security was broken. They couldn't delete it because the project was reliant on it. The project manager wasn't bothered by the saying so said just ignore it.

As the months went on the little code I had added would increase the quotes it would add so the whole application was growing larger and larger. One of the IT guys contacted me as we went to school and just asked did I know what was going on. I just said maybe somebody misread the manual I left. They go check the manual on the server and see a warning section about the quotes. Now if you misread the poor formatting you could think this was instruction on how to do it correctly. Basically they thought she had did herself by not paying attention.

I also screen shot a person's desktop and set it as the background image then deleted all their shortcuts. They had one of the worst amount of icons I have ever seen on a desktop as they didn't seem to understand the concept of folders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you're evil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If you want evil...

This wasn't a leaving one but it was a "joke" by two accounting staff on their new accounting manager they didn't like much.

One Friday night before leaving they went into his private office and changed the N and M keys over on his keyboard. The story quickly becomes unbelievable as no one spotted this for weeks and the guy couldn't even log on (N in password) - IT call outs logged him on but a touch typist wouldn't notice. As the manager was new it seems he didn't want to make a fuss and look stupid. After about 5 IT callouts my less than perfect typing spotted the issue. The staff that did the deed didn't have a clue that it had gone on so long as their boss was too embarrassed to say he couldn't log on.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

No backups from a week before or a month before?

So was it you that they came clean to or something? Is that how you know it was the two involved? and not just one? Did the manager never find out??

Post edited by Brid Hegarty on

• Advertisement
Advertisement