Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to get servicing done in the uk without a customs issue ?

• 01-05-2022 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭

If I wanted to send a watch to an Indy how do I go about it or is it even possible ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

There is a process for making a customs declaring for exporting something that will be re-imported, to avoid having to pay customs or VAT.

It might be simpler to ship it to someone you trust in the UK to handle it locally for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I sent a watch to the uk for repair. There is a code you add and also the company sent it back as a repair. But I was charged an handling fee by an post.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thanks shipping to someone i know in the uk is probably the same issue though unless its someone up north maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,673 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

And even then Cyrus. I got charged the full whack in VAT on a parcel from the north. It took Irish customs over 2 months to respond to my email and even then they were unapologetic and said they had just sent the parcel back to sender after I failed to pay within a certain period - despite me protesting via email! And that was an email address I had to find myself online as there is no phone number / email address or any contact details on the standard VAT / customs form they send you. Went into the post office (where the form is originated from) and they don't want to know and say it's nothing to do with them - contact customs. And provided me with a phone number (hand written on a bit of paper) that wasn't even in use 🤣

I was lucky the seller was on TZ and he fully refunded me. Leaving himself short of the shipping cost he incurred. Irish customs are getting a lovely reputation in the UK for their utter incompetence in these matters

Advertisement