Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rhododendron gone brown

Options
  • 01-05-2022 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭

So a fairly newly bought (as in bought 2022 probably January) has gone brown and is looking fairly dejected.

I picked up some rhododendron compost in woodies today if I repot in a bigger pot with the fresh compost do you think it will come back or am I wasting my time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Weather has been very dry and windy for the past few weeks so unless you watered it really well it may have been too dry.

Take it out of the pot and check the root system. loosen the roots and give a good watering by plunging into a bucket and allow to soak. Check the leaves for damage.

Remove the dead leaves and wait and see for a while. No point in repotting if its dead.

If you bought it from a garden centre they may replace it if you haven't caused the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah I'd say lack of water is the problem.

I'll have a look at it tomorrow, and take it out of the pot.

I'm not a natural gardener (sigh)

Advertisement