Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuan Mhuaire April 2022

Options
  • 02-05-2022 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I recently spent a few weeks in Cuan Mhuaire in Athy for AA.I did not see out the course in full but got a great life experience out of the place and I am currently sober and going to AA meetings . I thought I would fly through this experience but it was really mentally tough and emotionally draining. This is not a hotel and there are some things they can improve on but in general the facilitators , councellors care about the people in care. It is very full on with religion being forced upon you but I am fairly religious anyway but I don't agree with the aspect of Catholicism being forced down people's necks. I recently went to a local mass and it was sad to see there where very few young people there. If Cuan mhuire tried to put a modern touch on the bible it may attract younger people back and there are some of the facilitators falsely quoted misinformation from the bible. I never felt intimidated in this place in anyway but there where forms of bullying from the staff to residents. Having said that it's hard for all of the staff to deal constantly with all sorts of addicts.They too are only human.I meet a great bunch of people from every walk of life here(staff and residents) and its a humbling experience.

I hope I don't relapse and I am trying to take each day at a time.

I pray for all the people in cuan mhuire and their families every night and especially the people in my group.

Best regards

Red

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Advertisement