Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pegler Terrier TRV dimensions?

• 02-05-2022 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

We have Pegler Terrier 42 EN215 thermostatic valves on our radiators. I want to replace these with smart TRVs, but most don't fit the Terrier without an adapter. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the Pegler Terrier 42 EN215 valve please, so that I can try to source an adapter for this? E.g Thread M28 X 1.0 mm, thread M30 X 1.5mm, etc?

Thanks

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Most smart TRVs come with a range of adapters

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭davidm25

Thanks Sleeper12 - they do, but not all with the adapters you need (I've been googling half the weekend!). Looks like Tado don't have an adapter for the Terrier valves but Drayton might - but you can also buy adapters online so that's why I need to get the exact specs of the Terrier valves so that I can figure out which smart thermostat is a runner for me.

Thanks, D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Not knowing the answer myself I would contact their technical team & they should be able to help. Usually the dimensions given are from valve to rad or pipe rather than for the head itself

Thanks Sleeper12, have tried that and nothing back so far but certainly worth a shot. Thanks for your help with this.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SeanD1980

Hi David, did you ever figure out what adapter or smart thermostat to buy?

I'm trying to solve the exact same problem (Terrier 42 EN215)

Thanks, Sean.

• Advertisement

Hi Sean

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been on here in a while.

No, I never got the valves sorted, I wasn't able to get a particularly straight answer from any of the customer care lines and it just kind of went off my radar after a while. Would be interested to hear if you had any success yourself?

Thanks,

D

Advertisement