Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silver Birch trees planted

Options
  • 02-05-2022 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

hope you can help

I have about 15 silver birch trees planted in my garden. Some are doing very well - some not so well. They are all approx 25 feet high but some have lovely green leaves, some other an odd leaf only .

what do I need to do to ensure they are getting the correct nutrients for them to thrive,

based in west of Ireland along coast so they have to deal with wind and salty water.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Photos would help, but I would guess that the ones with almost no leaves are not going to survive. I doubt you can do anything about them at this stage, I would advise against feeding the ones in good condition. What kind of quantities of salty water are you talking about? Just occasional sea spray or inundation? If their roots get soaked by salt water its unlikely that any will survive.

Post a pic and it may be possible to give more information.

Advertisement