Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

Yes June is the last confirmed squad at the moment from 2020.

Personally I’m hoping for mid to late September if there’s the funding for our campaign as a good few people will be appointable from June onwards

@Narwahls Was looking through the 2020 thread and one person said they had a good few delays on their medical slot on the day and were there for over 2 hours if that helps you planning

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

Cheers, my medical is delayed for the time being anyway. Heres hoping a half day will suffice when I get my date as I’ve next to no annual leave left after the PCA lol

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

For those not watching the policing board meeting today, the chief constable has just announced they anticipate pausing recruitment from the end of June, it will remain under review.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

Possible grounding of a helicopter - recruitment to be paused in June and overtime to be cut… it’s all very much f^%ked….

• Advertisement

@Blueandtwo1320 do they go in depth on recruitment beyond the opening statement by the chief? Heard him mention it at the start but wondering if I need to skim through the rest to find any follow up

All this while they seem to be increasing funding in many ways for Home Office force recruitment. I get that policing is now devolved but for gods sake the safety of society and law should be resolved beyond the politicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Not really directly, they keep touching on lack of resources and headcount, but no more information that we already know.

I’d say it will remain that way until an executive has been reinstated or a bigger budget allocation, and having a pool of the fastrack group through all the managed stages gives them a quick turnaround if the financial position changes.

It’s the same story across most public services, almost impossible to future plan with the current financial position.

Anyone here apply for An Garda Siochana as well? Merit list out today

• Registered Users Posts: 26 marshall6

Very disappointing news. It's hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel at this point.

• Advertisement

Applied as a backup, but with issues around pay etc I’m debating dropping out of it before I have to attend the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Po941

I thought the Gardas pay was around 28k sterling to start?

The only good thing is that it appears if stormount returns in the coming months it will come with over 1 billion minimum for the executive which should fix the budget issues.

They don’t pay you a proper salary for your 8 months in Templemore, just €184 a week ‘allowance’ which is a bit of a joke if you’ve to make your way north every weekend

The pay for the Gardai is good for here but would be pretty dire down south if you’re living in somewhere like Dublin or Galway where rent is a rip off

Same…

Having to make a very difficult decision soon enough no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 WarzoneGuy1997

Just realising its been over a year from when we received our Merit numbers......how depressing 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10 random202201

Has anyone else heard back from vetting yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 marshall6

Latest news articles suggest the PSNI is going to shrink over the next 3 years. People leaving has doubled, people being sacked has doubled. I think I'll be withdrawing my application at this stage. I feel that we've all been messed around enough. Sometimes you just have to respect yourself and say no

• Registered Users Posts: 37 WarzoneGuy1997

i 100% get were your coming from, but would you not let it run in the back round just as it is, get on with whatever you want to do and when it comes around decide then?

I agree, it’s draining at this stage…

• Advertisement

@marshall6 I feel your frustration mate and as Warzone has said I think it’s best to let it slow burn.

Whether you’re fast track or not it’s really not much effort to go along with it, do couple half days AL for PCA and medical and a few hours to vetting and learning at your own pace. Take that new job, go on holiday etc and just wait for your time.

Even though they’re lowering headcount by natural attrition through retirement etc they still need to recruit, I think they’ve been doing it since March 2022 anyway and have still had 2020 intakes. It’s just less than what they’d like and at a slower pace.

So let it burn, and a year from now, or two, when they say are you still looking to join reconsider where you’re at then and if it’s what you really want. Otherwise you might regret pulling out and be 2+ years behind, because there might not be another campaign for several years.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

Anyone heard from vetting yet? Got medical result just waiting on the vetting now fs

Does anyone know if you get an email from Recruitment soon after completing all stages informing you you’re appointable?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cba321

No once you’ve passed all managed stages you are appointable, you get no correspondence from recruitment to say you are you just sit tight and wait for a call 🤷🏽‍♂️

Does anyone know how long vetting lasts for pre-employment?

I remember a thread (but can’t find it) from years back when there was a delay in recruitment and people were worried their vetting would expire after 6 months, requiring re-vetting. Think in the end they decided to give out a change in circumstances form to allow it to be extended by 6 months but don’t think that was normal policy.

Guess I’m trying to figure out if them putting the top 150 through vetting at the minute is an indication that they plan to start at least some of us within the initial 6 month period.

If anyone knows any more on that it would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Everyone in my campaign (1810) were told when they were appointable.

An email something along the lines of "Dear candidate we can now confirm that you have passed all PSNI managed stages..."

How long is a piece of string as there are many variables for each individual.

Anyone else just constantly checking for any updates on here😬

Set up the emails! I have an email to recruitment that they’ve escalated to recruitment manager that I’ll fill you all in on when they reply. Mainly about their expectations surrounding top 150

I was originally just out of top 150 but got the email to start managed stages and with people failing pca, medicals etc (I know at my medical person before me didn't show up!) I'd like to think there's probably just over 100 left of the original top 150

• Advertisement

Just by way of update on my previous query re being told you are appointable. Just confirmed with Recruitment that they don’t email you to let you know that you’ve passed all stages so it’s on you to keep track

Advertisement