Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Starsky1

Keep the chin up ynwa22, it’s frustrating but I would love to be in your position.

Im half way down the list so its gona be a serious time until my time comes 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

I’m getting severely impatient 🤯

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Depending on you merit position you could just defer your start date for PSNI. Finish off your probation in the home office force then come home 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭forumnewbie21

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Anyone reckon they will have the first intake by Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

Very highly doubt it. Think they usually give about 6 weeks notice so even if that was announced today it would launch into early December but don’t see that happening over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 avjjken

Don’t think so, correct me if I’m wrong but usually October is the last intake due to Christmas holidays each year they try to not have any newish courses.

I think there have been November and maybe December courses in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 21 avjjken

Pre covid I think there was but since then and less money they generally have done a mid / late October intake and that’s been it till January

Nearly coming up to twos starting the whole process lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Mental when ya think about it. Nearly 2 yrs in and most haven't even started the managed stages lol I am a wee bit concerned they may not exhaust the merit list this time round due to funding and how long its been held. Some may be lucky but my merit number is mid 800s so I'm starting to lose hope it's going to happen

crazy how time flies lol I’m not an expert but I think they will exhaust the list. It’s not fair to start the list and then just stop it. And I think it would put people off applying the next campaign if they knew that’s the process so it’s recruitment interest to keep the list.

plus, we aren’t costing anything to remain on the list, so we should be all progressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭forumnewbie21

You'd think so. But look at what Scotland new chief con just did. First thing she did once in post was cancel recruitment to save money. Hopefully whoever takes over here won't do that 😳

Yeah I agree with starsky.

Costing essentially nothing until they put you through remaining stages but say if they cancelled it in 2024 they’d need to start a new campaign probably in 2025 with the numbers and time it takes. All the Deloitte stages would be the most expensive probably in the millions between the IST, all the assessment centres and misc costs.

Totally psnayne2023, they are gona keep the list as funding could change at any time and they want to have a pool of students ready to go.

if they scrap the list, they won’t have anyone available to start for at least a year and then on top , the money needed to run it. Can’t see the treasury thinking that’s a good way to spend tight money lol

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Hopefully that is the case, it's just mad there has been virtually nothing since the campaign started 2 years ago. There is bound to be a large number on the merit list have changed their minds by now aswell about joining. I am just hoping come next April, there is a more positive outlook for all of us waiting and psni receive the funding they need to push forward with our campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Yea I was optimistic there would be at least the first squad or so starting before Christmas, but like you say, only 11 weeks or so til Christmas and when you are given notice period for the familiarization day then aprox 6 weeks till induction day it doesn't leave any time.

I agree, it's madness, over 2 years since 5,500 candidates applied for the PSNI and to date, absolutely nobody has even been given a place for police college....

It really is. I Wish we could all meet up and have a proper chat, obv for security that’s not possible. It’s a lonely process when you don’t know anyone else to chat to.

Yes very lonely indeed. My only interaction with anyone else who’s applied was at my fitness test and even then we just talked about the test itself rather than the whole process or what’s going on.

Just need a big rant and think my family are fed up listening!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Saw online Bobby Singleton and

Jon Boutcher have been shortlisted for Chief Constable role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Newsoph3

You think they would send out an email, just for reassurance that they still plan on going ahead with this campaign. It’s been so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 random202201

Anyone <150 on the merit list still waiting to hear back from vetting? Or has anyone been told they have failed vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

Not seen anyone post on here that they’ve failed. I’m in the same boat where I’m waiting to hear back too

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lighthouse666

Just seen a news report that NICS have lifted their recruitment freeze. Could this mean good news for us soon?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-67157507.amp

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭georgie1305

Isn't the police a priority over NICS, in terms of public safety?

How on earth is every other public sector making moves and we are all literally sat ready to go, but nothing...?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭NeeNaw21

NICS ensures rates are collects, admin support for all departments, benefits get paid, literally keeps the country ticking over yes policing is a priority but you can't say that everything else that affects people's lives should go on hold just for policing.

Crap I know but just the way it is

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭georgie1305

I understand that, but when we've been waiting 2 years, it gets frustrating lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11 C3PO.

You and me both! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

Is there anyone on here on the ML from 1-50?

have you heard anything? Or any updates?

have you all got vetting completed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Does anyone know how GV actually works?

Obviously there is the colour system to separate intakes, but am I right in saying that there are “squads” within each individual colour of around 15-25 people and there could be something like 5 squads per colour?

Does this mean that the capacity of GV could be in the high hundreds and under normal circumstances once everyone was made appointable they could be in relatively quickly after one another?

Advertisement