Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

I’m of the opinion that if Edwin Poots was to vote yes, that would be at risk as a result of that news.

Media need to lay off. It’s clearly a peer pressure game.

Spoke to recruitment today and asked how many are being progressed now and she said “up to 200” so that could be everyone up to 350 on ML

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mse2020

Well for anyone who gets the call within the next few weeks and has questions about GV, feel free to ask me lol

Starting GV is quite daunting and i am here to reassure anyone or help calm the nerves lol. If anyone wants i can make a check list for things that you will definitely need and also stuff to prepare for your induction day.

Just here to help in any way, its exciting to see some movement on recruitment, the PSNI definitely needs all of you

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Zoo234

Is there anything that you don't get issued that you would suggest buying prior to going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mse2020

Do you mean kit for out on the ground or do you mean for GV use ?

For GV use, black sports wear, t shirt and shorts and trousers. You arent allowed to carry around a rucksack so get a good folder for all your notes. And get some coat hangers for your locker and some organisers to keep your lockers tidy.

For after GV, get a good kit bag (i can send a link for mine) i had a close encounter with a car, while doing a point at an RTC in the middle of the night so now i carry an extra torch on my body armour (drivers excuse for nearly hitting us was that he couldnt see us because of the blue flashing lights) i also bought a retractable keyring in a pouch for my handcuff key. I can provide links if anyone wants but most of this stuff you wont need until your in GV a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

Send links, love this!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Zoo234

Great, thank you.

Anything that you have links for that you think would be handy fire away. 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Po941

Guys I was just applying for the garda and realised a mistake on the my CV which I usually use as reference, and copy info over from. I had missed a employer I had worked for and am now worrying I didn't put it in my initial application for the PSNI to. Did we have to put our employment history in our initial application form I can't even remember if so what should I do. Should I email them and ask ?

I don’t know if we did but I wouldn’t stress tbh. You can put it down and the reason for it on your vetting form.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 P5N12024

Been following this forum for a while…

I am just waiting on my vetting but feeling stressed at how long it’s taking. < 50 on the list, have passed all the other stages and am currently staff, so thought my vetting would be a breeze as nothing has changed.

Anyone else still waiting on Vetting?

Hoping now they are progressing more people it will maybe speed it up…

• Advertisement

Don’t stress, it’s been 9 months (not ideal) but can take up to 12. Saw a good few 11 month time periods on old boards. Ring 101, ask to speak to Service Vetting and let them know you’re anxious as you should be appointable @P5N12024

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stealth299

How many people here are appointable?

Myself

Ynwa22

jackwillsit

Kaligsd65

Bluesandtwos

I think maybe a couple more. Few people just waiting on vetting or medical

Be good to get an accurate list going as things progress - used on 2020 boards

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Newsoph3

Very promising emails received there, did anyone get them? Finally some movement!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

Snap! Finally! Quite quick dates through, not what I was expecting at all

Iv over the moon. Was worried we were looking at another year or 2. Hopefully 2024 will be the year 🙏

Were these emails relating to beginning managed stages?

Yes, the second email was.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thehills4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 pcjar

Ive been in all your shoes and the waitimg can be frustrating. From what I am hearing recruitment will be kickstarting in April so some people should expect good news in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Anyone know what they look for in your bank account when going through vetting?

Is it more or less credit score and to make sure you’re not a gambling addict?

AFAIK credit check and CCJs. I don’t think they can see your bank account for vetting purposes

I didn’t even get a credit check

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭reddriver

Merit list

Antrimhi2000<100

Johnny990 <100

Blueandtwo1320 100-120

Narwahls 100-120

Ynwa22 150-170

Crazyfire999 160-180

New2022scs 200-220

Gooner22 220-250

Reddriver 220-240

Newsoph3 300-330

Blue_peeler 300-350

Unknown117 360-390

CG97 360-400

Bluhorse 400-430

Blair0102 470-490

Avjjken 510-530

Ciaran124 550-600

Thehills4 660-680

Boneyard2002 700's

mcgal16 760-790

Rouge_one 780-800

Hypomnesia 800-820

Si_zx10r 830-850

Hassauto 800-850

MaNUnITED2019 900-950

Summer157 950-1000

Crazyoldbird 1000's

Hello all. That was the last list of names and merit position I had. I fell away from this forum for a long while but was informed my vetting forms arrive this morning and checked junk emails and got my PCA date.

Just so happens I'm out of the country for a couple of weeks so won't be able to do the forms for a while. Does anyone think this will be an issue?

I got my vetting forms today but no email about PCA 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

This is impressive.

Along as you have your vetting posted by the time they ask for them it shouldn’t be an issue. I sent mine by recorded delivery. Safer.

but just fill them in asap, it takes ages. I think I spent a good 7 / 8 hours on mine by the time I collected and gathered all the relevant information I needed then carefully completing it. The sooner you start it, the sooner you get it done.

and just be honest and put down everything. If you’re thinking ‘should that go in…’ probably means it should… so put it down. They won’t fail you for over sharing. But certainly will for not.

Yeah there’s a deadline on vetting. It’s not that long, I think 2 weeks max? Send by recorded delivery as crazyfire says.

Thanks for the list!!

That was the last updated list before I stopped checking the forum but if anyone wants added send me a message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Starsky1

Hi reddriver

Could you add me to the list please?

im 620 to 640

also, so good seeing the board lit up with activity 😀 may it continue

Advertisement