Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

……. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

Can see there being quite a flow of intakes remainer of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Does anyone know the topics of conversation for this meeting today?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mse2020

Just found out on monday that psni planned to recruit 70+ student officers in total for april may and june. However with the return of stormont i think that will definitely increase

• Advertisement

@mse2020 Was that the confirmed estimated figure or police rumour? I’m slightly above that when taking into account 2020 so don’t want to get my hopes up!

Boutcher has said they will commence recruitment of officers from April. Didn’t say how many. But said due to training (as we already know) officers would not be deployable for 6 months.

policing board meeting live now on YouTube.

He did say they lose 350 officers a day and the recruitment “seeks to retain current headcount” at the very least, so probably put to 350 this FY one would hope.

He also said that this current campaign would only maintain officer numbers and not increase them to his desired 7500/8000 hinting at a new campaign.

It was confirmed by a member of the ulster university team, as part of GV you have to do a level 5 qualification in policing, then progress to a degree in your probation. The lecturer said the university has confirmed over 70 spaces for april may and june but this was before the whole stormont thing so i think this will definitely increase.

• Advertisement

Boutcher has just said he doesn’t agree with the Patton report recommendation of 7,500 officers. He thinks it should be more.

Ok CC just basically confirmed 350 in the next 12 months but set to increase if they get more funding

More or less 30 a month

Boutcher just outlined that he thinks a figure of 8,600 officers are now needed. He said when Patton calculated his figures, NI had 350K less people.

He added that they are looking at bringing in 350 people in the next 12 months into Garnerville.

Regarding pay award, he said he wanted to repeat it again so those within the organisation know his position. He’s determined to get officers proper pay and get that pay award. He’s willing to go to court he said. Though hopes that won’t be the case now with the change in recent events (Stormont).

Courses usually run every 5 weeks with a break in Summer and Christmas. Could see a break in July with a return in August or September then a couple more before Christmas

I dont think there is a break in july i think ots just Christmas but i could be wrong lol

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Starsky1

I love the buzz that’s on this page now 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Boneyard2002

There usually is a break inbetween the 11th/12th July..

Bit of a random one here lol. But does anyone know if you’re given a choice of shoulder numbers or is it you get what you’re given. I by no means care but just curious ahah.

It’s random hahaha

• Advertisement

Its the little things in life😌

I’m afraid you can’t choose the colour of your uniform either 🙃

Fs i was hoping for a blue top!

You can request a retired shoulder number for example a couple of people from my course requested there dads shoulder numbers. Service numbers and shoulder numbers are selected at random and are different.

You'd expect some activity in 2020 chat next month with calls going in for guys still left on merit list

Only 1 month difference. Complete madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I've been keeping an eye on the numbers for a few months, been dropping at a consistent rate approx 30 per month. Its great to see things speed up and this forum come back to life, been a long 3 years

Join psni also updated to confirm the planned intakes this year but the pie charts didnt update, which would have been interesting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thehills4

Just reading through the FOI requests.charts are updated when they progress people through different stages so i would expect to see them changing soon. Finally starting to feel a bit real now I would suspect there will be a large number of people withdrawing this campaign.

• Advertisement

Yes I think that too. Id imagine there will have be a large number of candidates who have over the years gotten different jobs, lost interest etc.

Advertisement