Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

Confirms that’s July instead of June as well for anyone slightly down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kaligsd65

Yeah I was speaking to recruitment yesterday and they confirmed no June course and that it would be April/may and July. Wouldn't tell me how many unsurprisingly haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Hopefully once they get funding they will run more intakes. I remember someone saying in previous campaigns they were able to facilitate intakes of around 50 people every 5 weeks. To my understanding, Covid and Executive (or lack there of) are no longer limiting factors so hopefully something like that could return?

Yeah at this rate they will only be replacing officers lost from Jan-March of this year haha

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

The PSNI really need to take note of what the Met does.

Yesterday, I did my occupational health assessment with nurse and got the all clear… Hearing test, eyes, blood etc…

Then once that is done you go to another building, a 5 minute walk away and do your Interview, role play, DNA (Fingerprints so they can exclude you from crime scenes if first on scene and swabs from cheek), drug check (hair sample), documents check and bleep test… I was in there at 10am… and I was out the door by 3pm.

As I was standing out the front talking to another fella at the end of it… our phones pinged and it was the vetting forms….

They really do show the PSNI up…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

Seems very intense but looking back… it was quite enjoyable. They also want you to pass and make you feel human. I would recommend it to anyone that wants an experience.

In fairness to PSNI in some ways though a lot of that costs money and it’s probably not ideal to carry out for all candidates who may then fail interview or role play.

I think all ‘assessments’ in terms of suitability should be carried out first, then vetting etc for those successful.

Agree though timescales for PSNI are ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭NeeNaw21

PSNI are bounded by legislation in that the initial phase of the assessment process must be conducted by an external contractor

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

The assessment Centre is probably the most nerve raking experience to put yourself through, but then when you get there, it's actually fine, and you have a massive sense of relief and achievement when its over.

I honestly really enjoyed mine, I honestly wasn't nervous when it started, but beforehand I felt sick with nerves haha.

I would predict G.V will be something similar, plenty of 'outside your comfort zones' but again, massive sense of achievement.

The nerves before AC🤮

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 WarzoneGuy1997

Jesus….stomach turned again when I thought about it again 😂😂😂 after the third try I was used to the nerves 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

If you didn’t have classes or this forum or know someone who had done it before it would have been awful going into the AC, no idea what to expect

Wait there’s classes?? I just watched YouTube videos from England and hoped for the best haha

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭forumnewbie21

This was me. Not a clue what to expect 🤣 was so scared!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

Yeah they were unofficial ones. I’d say it helped explain how the AC actually works but that was about it, helped with nerves but when I spoke to an officer he told me much of the same as the class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Greedent

Does anyone have/know a timeframe for when the lower half of the Merit list may be called? 😅

How long is a piece of string, I’m afraid.

Consolation is that a Budget is being agreed, CC has sit his minimum officer threshold and we’ve now seen just how rapidly they can accelerate the process at short notice. Hang in there hopefully you’ll be completing managed stages sometime this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Greedent

Cheers. I've just been offered a new job and was hesitant to accept it due to knowing I have this in the background. But as you said, god only knows when i'll get those papers, so best push on.

Thanks for the quick response.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blair0102

Theres an email, waiting to come back to this in a few hours and see 30+ new comments🥳😂

The excitement will be back again

• Advertisement

Email from who? Where are you on ML @Blair0102

450-500 on ML, but going off wording in the email, it went to everyone? Maybe give it a few minutes, seems to be a big batch email going to all

Good news or bad news lol

Oh good news definitely! Hopefully you should receive it soon🤞🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kelsogi

I received an email but with no message in it? Anyone else?

Anyone that received an email is being progressed to pSNI stages

Whats the highest ML position thats been emailed. Anyone know?

Yeah if anyone else received the email and is progressing please comment your rough ML position so that those behind you can have an idea of what pace everything’s going at.

Unfortunately communication from PSNI on this stuff doesn’t exist, but those of us on here are able to make use of a lot of info almost in real-time. Those not on boards are in the dark completely most likely so let’s try and keep any communication that might be useful flowing!

Well said👏

Seems like things are certainly picking up now. Who knows, once the budget is allocated in April thats when we will be certain as to whats happening and everyone could end up progressing through managed stages / appointable by the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 avjjken

Got an email I’m just past 500 on ML.

Advertisement