Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 noonanreject

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Nope - dont think anyone has - thats 4 or 5 people ive spoken to now saying they havent gotten either back.

The first course starts in September so probs hear something in the next month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Boneyard2002

joinpsni stats have been updated. 269 remaining to go through managed stages.

substantial number out (228), May squad only 25 people it would seem as appointed is now at 57 and April had 32

• Registered Users Posts: 21 smiler845

57 Plus the 17 from 2020 campaign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 P5N12024

I don’t think the 17 from 2020 are appoint-able yet, they’re still doing the managed stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Boneyard2002

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rouge_one

got my vetting papers today since receiving email last week

• Registered Users Posts: 28 weesmurf33

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

Hopefully calls for a july go out in next 2 weeks🤞

• Advertisement

......….,.....…

Post edited by weesmurf33 on

Over the past few months the 2020 campaign has gone from 32 to 24 to 19 and now 17. It never said 16 on JoinPsni.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Starsky1

does anyone know of more classes after July has been confirmed yet?

No they haven’t.

.......... ..... ... . .................….… ... ... .. .…..…… . . .. .. …...

Post edited by weesmurf33 on

• Registered Users Posts: 21 smiler845

Has anyone else received vetting papers since receiving that email last week?

Request 1
    Iam aware that the PSNI has not yet been given their budget for 2024-25- however my questions relate to planning that would need to be done prior to this- so please do not respond that you are awaiting your budget for 2024-25 as this would not be an appropriate response.
    Has any planning been done regarding the possibility of a 2024 recruitment campaign?

Answer 1
    PSNI have commenced high level planning for a future Student Officer campaign.

Request 2
    Has the possibility of a new campaign been mentioned in any meetings?
    Request 3
    What was said?

Answer 2-3
    The allocation of our 2024/25 budget has not yet been notified and this wil have an impact on PSNI resource plan and recruitment forecasting, which have and wil continue to be discussed at a range of internal and external meetings.
    Budget allocation determines the overall number of police officers that PSNI can afford. This in turn determines the number of Student Officer appointments we need to progress to maintain agreed number of officers. We currently have 800 candidates remaining on our 2021 Student Officer campaign merit list. Until we receive budget and agree overal police oficer numbers, we cannot determine how many candidates we would need to appoint from our existing campaign, before the need and timing of a new campaign could be confirmed.

Request 4
    What month (budget permitting) would this ideally launch?

Answer 4
    We have not to date determined the timing of our next Student Officer recruitment campaign.

source: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/2024_campaign/response/2651880/attach/3/00787%202024%20Recruitment%20Campaign.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gblue99

When do we think all remaining 2021 candidates will be in GV roughly once through managed stages? Feels so close yet so far 😂

Well when the 2020 campaign goes from 16 to 17 going through psni managed stages(without explanation), who knows

….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thehills4

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭georgie1305

No vetting papers but been given a PCA date

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Newsoph3

Just found out I passed my medical, what happens now? Do we get an email when our vetting has came through?

Yes you wait for vetting. If you’ve not had SMT email yet you will get that too.
    You won’t get an email confirming you’re appointable so you need to keep an eye on all the managed stages yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Loki13

Does anyone roughly know what the time frame is between passing PCA and getting a date for the medical? Or is it like everything else....another long wait.

I got my Medical invite 1 week after PCA and the medical was 4 weeks after my PCA date. But it was 2023 and they work to their own timeline which could be faster, slower or same.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

I got mine like 2/3 days after and was 4 weeks after my pca aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Loki13

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Has anyone 800+ in merit list received anything yet in terms of vetting papers etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Gblue99

I’m 800’s still haven’t heard anything regarding managed stages

Advertisement