Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Starsky1

I too am being optimistic and hoping there will be more classes in autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I just just psni strength and numbers are still going down. It's sitting at 6359 so unless they do more intakes before end of year, the numbers are going to be heading towards the 6k mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2 valkyrie90

Regarding the CDO merit list - I just replied back on the email and been informed that I’m 40-50 on the list - but no indication of how long the list is. Not holding out too much hope with that position considering it’s probably a job requiring minimal staffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lozzapalozza

does anyone know the going rate gps charge for the occupational health forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

Mine was £25, I've genuinely heard a mix bag on this, few people have paid similar, I know someone paid alot more. Just check with them when ur dropping it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Starsky1

FYI stats updated on join psni

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭lifter123

I seen the stats have been updated , there is going to be a large chunk of us waiting some still have Pca and medical within the next few weeks , and some have completed those stages , surely they should know the budget by now ? If they have money to run classes later in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Anonymous4321

I think the problem is despite them getting their budget they still don’t have near enough money. They are having to do some big payout to officers over holiday pay as well as the data breach. Go on twitter and look at Police Federation Northern Ireland, the Chair was speaking at a conference a few days ago and highlighted how much of a deficit they really are in. Both financially and head count.

yeah I say we will defo be waiting to next year then , 4 years later

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gblue99

anyone have an idea of what number we’re up to on ML moving through to PCA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

287 withdrawals already seems like alot. I was talking to a friend regarding someone he knows was recently offered a position but either deferred or rejected the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

I decided to defer. I was offered July. Painful but had to defer due to work commitments and other factors. I’m also waiting on my vetting to come back from the Met which I applied for. I’m pretty sure it will be soon. Which is going to be a hard decision to make. The process has been long for PSNI, but there’s nothing like serving in the force you know and also which is your home. Big decisions. Not easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

I would imagine it’s been a long drawn out process for many and life has got in the way. The reality unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Loki13

Just got word I passed my medical. Does anyone know a rough timescale for the SMT results to get back to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jackzbee

When did you have medical? I had mine today and wondering how long it takes.

Got my results in about a week.

I have my Pca this week , if I pass how long does it take for the medical date ? Around 2-3 weeks I heard ?

Yeah that's about right. If you don't hear anything in that time frame, give recruitment an email and you should hear back soon enough with a date.

Thanks! That's everything done now, finally! Wonder how long it will take for them to let us know we are appointable. Where abouts you sitting on ML? I was early 500s but see lots have dropped out.

• Advertisement

Question, how do we find out when vetting is cleared? Do they email update? Thanks

I'm mid 400's. Just waiting to hear back from vetting.

Heard you get an email

Thank you. It has been a long process. Be interesting to see if we actually get started this financial year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 smiler845

Regarding the medical questionnaire we get after PCA, do you leave it into your GP surgery or do we make appointment and speak face to face with GP while they fill it in? 🤔

You are meant to fill it out first and then leave it in for the GP to do their section.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 officerready11

Passed my PCA today, how long does it take before recruitment contact you to book your appointment with Occupational Health and will they email you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 paxio49

Sorry if this has been asked already but new to this forum; after passing the PCA what is the timeline between now and the medical and SMT? TIA

I got an email within 4 weeks with appointment for occupational health.

• Advertisement

guys just a heads up , I was speaking to some people at my Pca , who didn’t realise you get drug tested at the medical , hair sample going back at least 3 months , so if anyone uses anything etc I would advise to stop now, if even you take a certain pain relief tablet everyday it could show up and they can question it

Advertisement