Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World SENIORS snooker Championship 2022

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

3-1 The Whirlwind - but for a very brave (perhaps slightly foolish 'one shot too many' type shot) on a black in latter part of frame 2, it could well be 4-0. Well done Jim ! - a great shift there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

No mid-session analysis at all on this red button - not even for the final ffs! Whatever 2 lads that do be on comms rarely say a word between frames even.

I could let that go, but a massive gripe has to be - someone has just tuned in eg, it shows the routes of all the players, and winning scores, all the way to the final,; all the while the repetitive on-hold jingle going too 😏

But it doesn't even have the current scoreline up which us with internet access etc know that Jimmy is 2 frames to the good after 4 played. I mean, come on, how hard is it to put the scoreline up?

Just about to start frame five. Hup Jimmy!

And it's JV taking over from Dennis, and Mike Dunn assumes Hendry's role

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Barring snookers looks like 3-2 White’s lead narrowed. Great battling by Walker stole frame on Jimmy after he broke down.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

This competition will be real serious stuff in about 5 years time IMO. Ken Doherty would want to hurry up and win this at some stage, to get the full set. Because soon he might even have to qualify for it.

White gone 4-2 one frame to win title.

• Advertisement

4-4 now last frame decider. Walker battling - Jimmy looking tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Walker wins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Excellent break from Walker in the decider.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭B2021M

I was just thinking a few days ago he may well have already missed his chance.

Pleased he won it. His young fella watching and all. Deserved winner. Battler plus big breaks most consistent overall in tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You’d have to wonder about Jimmy and his ability to let leads slip consistently, it’s been a theme in earlier rounds of tournaments even for decades.

In his interview he sounded a bit let down with himself at the end. First thing he said 'I can't play two matches in a day anymore'. Bit I took from it is he feels he got really dedicated when it was too late. But looking at his wiki page it is not all bad for him. He has a girlfriend over 2 decades younger than him!

Advertisement