Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very slow service in opening a new account - still waiting

Options
  • 03-05-2022 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I applied for a Personal Current Account with BOI. Documents were submitted on the 19th April, and on the 3th May (over 15 days later!) I am still waiting for BOI's feedback.

The time demanded for simply account opening is totally unacceptable. If you don't want another customer, you just need let this clear.

Frankly speaking, it looks like the bank is doing me a favor by opening an account for me...

Fabricio Ferreira

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Fabricio,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie.

Sorry to hear you have not received your new account details yet. We are currently experiencing a high volume of applications and this has caused longer than normal response times. Once your application is processed you will receive your IBAN by text.

If you wish to raise a formal complaint about this please see our Customer Complaints Process here.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fabricioferreira

After complaining about my issue, I received an email letting me know that my account was opened and I would receive a text message with my IBAN and BIC.

And guess what? I am still waiting for it!

Unbelievable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Fabricio,

Thanks for coming back to us on this.

Sorry to see the SMS has yet to arrive. If you email my colleagues PCAServices@boi.com they can follow up on this with you.

Many thanks

Alison

I sent an email to PCAServices@boi.com and, of course, I didn't get a solution but, I was advised to call 0818 354 454.

I am still waiting for a contact.

Soon, I will have an appointment with another bank and probably, I will have to ask for the closure of this process without ever having even received my IBAN.

This situation is simply, unbelievable! It's totally unacceptable! I started wondering if it's really worth being a customer of such a company...

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience.

All applications are assessed on a case by case basis with a number of factors taken into consideration and for this reason timeframes can vary. We are sorry your application has taken longer than expected.

Can we ask that you send us a Private Message with further information and we would be happy to help as best we can.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement

There's only a couple of banks you can open a new account with and they're all pretty similar. If you're only getting familiar with Irish "bureaucracy" you have plenty more still to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are very sorry to hear that your application has taken so long. In this case we would recommend that you contact our Account Opening Team on 0818 354 454 and our colleagues here will be happy to help with this. The team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and would be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks Jen

Hi,

After having waited for a very long period of time and didn't receive a reply from you regarding my account opening process, I managed to open a bank account in another bank.

That said, I would like to request the interruption of my account opening process and, in case of a miracle and my account was already opened, I would like to request the immediate cancelling of it.

Please, kindly let me know if I need to do any other procedure to definitely terminate my relationship with you.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Fabricio Ferreira

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to us.

You can certainly contact our account opening team on 0818354454 or through email at PCAServices@boi.com. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

For security reasons, we don't have account access here.

Thanks, Megan

• Advertisement
Advertisement