Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyProtein Scoop

Options
  • 03-05-2022 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm really confused with the information I've read on how many grams are in a scoop of MyProtein.

MyProtein Website: 25g in 3/4 of a scoop

MyProtein Back Of Packet: 30g in 1 + 1/4 scoop (doesn't match with what is on the website when you run the numbers)

However... I have weighed a flat scoop on 2 x different weighing scales and it reads as 36g on both (excluding the weight of the 'scooper')

This seems all over the place :-) Can anyone shed any light on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I've noticed this too. Have you made sure that the whey isn't well compacted when you're weighing it as it can add a few grams to it. Regardless though I think it's still over 30g whilst my whey protein bag says that there's 25g in one scoop.

The cynic in me thinks the scoop is oversized so that you end up using more whey than intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Have you asked myprotein?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭paul7g

Thank you both.

@VonLuck - yes I think you night have nailed it... I compress the scoop before pulling it out of the bag to flatten the scoop

@Esse85 - yes, and you wouldn't believe the reply I got :-)

Thanks again for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

fwiw I've always found a scoop more than 25g, but like you say, depends on the compression. A few years since I've had Bulk whey, but they used to have their portion/ scoop as 30g, and the myprotein Total Protein also has it as 30g portion. I tend to use tubs, so just weigh (the whey) out.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

It can depend on the powder. Some of them are bulkier or finer than others particularly the hydrolysed stuff it contains less water. Bulkpowders seem to have the same scoop but in different products it equates to a different measurement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement