Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain in biceps during extension with dumbbell

Options
  • 03-05-2022 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I've recently started trying to build up a bit of muscle cause though I've always lead a very active lifestyle it's been mostly cardio that I've invested myself in and I'm not quite happy with my body.

An issue has arisen which I mention on the thread title: the minute I started my weight training I noticed some discomfort in the lower part of my left biceps, close to the joint.

I can do the flexion part no bother but when I extend and straighten my arm, as I lower it, I feel this discomfort in the area I mentioned. It feels as if something kind of stuck for a second, then when the arm is completely straightened it's fine.

It got worse at some point a few days ago and I couldn't even do a push up, I felt the pain in the whole joint area around the elbow so I stopped working out till it was better and push ups were no longer painful. Yesterday I decided to resume the weights (biceps flexion and extension) since my arm was fine with push ups, but the same discomfort started upon extension, then I did some shoulder abductions (also with dumbbells) and it became painful again around the whole elbow joint area, it almost felt as if the joint was gonna break.

I want to believe it may be lack of training and that I just need to get used to the weights but I'd like to read some advice of anyone having experienced similar issues.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Post edited by Brian? on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Mod Note: No Medical advice allowed. thread locked

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement