Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inappropriately named forum

Options
  • 03-05-2022 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Following my previous complaint about the moderator L1011, I would also like to suggest that the thread itself be renamed.

It is called the "2021 Irish Property Market chat II - *read mod note post #1 before posting*

And therein follows a considerable list of issues related to housing, that are not allowed be discussed.

It is absolutely the equivalent of a "2021 Irish car market chat" where the rules include not mentioning wheels, gaskets or petrol, all because some guy said so.

It's a misnomer. The average person will assume that the "Irish property chat" thread stands for all issues related to property, not just some. It is misinformation, and the moderated discussions within would also be casually taken to be a overall discussion. But it isn't.

Either the section title needs to be renamed appropriately, to something such as "property price speculators chat", a new section be created, or that wheels be allowed discussed in the car section.

Please look into this as it is misleading.

Thank you.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pancratic

A further point, as the moderator L1011 informed me, if I wanted to talk about immigration in relation to housing (I actually didn't), he said that I should post in the politics section.

Is that not a perfect example of how inappropriately named this section is? That if I want to discuss certain elements of housing, it is not for the housing section, but the politics section?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pancratic

Why not add even more to the point.

First, that if the thread were appropriately named, there wouldn't have been so many infractions from misled people that they needed to create an entire list of what can't be talked about.

Secondly, everything and anything could be forwarded to a politics forum.

Example.

A comment on the price of petrol in the car section should be immediately deleted, and instead posted in the politics section because politicians set the prices in some regard. Can't be mentioned in car thread.

A comment on the mobile reception of Vodafone phones in the mobile section should be immediately deleted and posted in the politics section instead, because politicians have a say in where masts can be erected.

A comment on how spicy spice bags are in the food section should be deleted and posted in the politics section instead, because the politicians have some say in vat on imported spices into the country.

And so on. The property thread in question is misleading, and/or inappropriately moderated.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You have been on this site for less than 12 hours and have decided to start 2 threads in this forum complaining about the Accommodation and Property forum

Perhaps spend a bit of time exploring the site before complaining it's not to your liking

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement