Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New film camera - from 1999!

• 03-05-2022 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was just given a brand new pentax mz-7 (sealed). A friend supplied the lens a Chinon Auto MC 28mm f2.8.

So now I need some film. What should a raw beginner get for shooting a mix of landscapes & street? also where do I get film now? I'm based in north Dublin

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

They way things are at the moment, take whatever you can get - colour in particular is experiencing major shortages. Don't waste your money on the expensive portra etc - B&W is still plentiful and relatively cheap.

lford XP2 Super is a great choice. A B&W film that develops in C41 the same as colour, so it's typically cheaper to buy than colour films, and cheaper to process than B&W. Plus, it's got an insane latitude that means that you can shoot it anywhere from 50-800iso and as it's C41 and the dev doesn't change with the speed it was shot at - you can shoot different speeds on the same roll.

Advertisement