Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turning on/off device remotely using a timer

Options
  • 03-05-2022 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

hi unsure where this lies..

basically looking to buy or make a remote device that could press on a device. I've a remote electric fence and don't want it to be on when animals are asleep. looking for basic device that at a certain time can move a arm which presses a button but it must be running off a timer using batteries no WiFi etc ...any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well a solenoid could be used to keep a button pressed or a servo could be used to move a button into a given state.... or you could just disconnect the button and control the flow of current directly, assuming you are qualified to do that.

You're on your own when it comes to figuring out when the animals are asleep I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Not sure what animals you're fencing, but if it's cows then save yourself the hassle, They'll figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭peterofthebr

thanks for replies; fencing bullocks ...i was just thinking of auto turning off the fence say from 1am until 5am .. to save the fence charger...i'll prob do nothing

Advertisement