Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramount+ (launching 22 June)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

I wonder if they're geo locked devices at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Anyone know which one has the enhanced version of Babylon 5 viewable in Ireland.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Babylon 5 is a WBD show, you’ll have to wait for HBO Max (could be the guts of another three years if Sky wait them out).

B5 has shown up on Pick from time to time but I haven’t seen it on Sky’s on demand, or any other on demand service for that matter.

Of course, this is subject to whatever WBD’s plans for its mooted “super streamer”, if plans to merge HBO Max and Discovery+ come to fruition.

Thanks. I assume the version on Pick isn't the remastered version just the original.

WBD isn't on Sky I assume?

WBD is a company, Warner Bros Discovery Inc, they have lots channels on Sky but they are all on the Discovery or Eurosport sides.

They own two streamers, Discovery+ only does non-fiction and HBO Max can’t be offered here because of a lengthy deal with Sky for HBO’s content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's available to buy and stream from Microsoft here, but will cost you €19.49 per season coming in at €97.45 for the lot 😮

It says remastered, so assuming that's the one your after @Flinty997

I was hoping to re-watch some of it with one of the kids and why not wait for for the remaster. Its meant to be much better on big TV than the original release. Think I might not wait and go a different route. Pick up the DVs or such.

I like getting a show in proper quality without faffing about. The way all these streaming services are scattering shows across different platforms, and staggering releases its becoming unviable. I kept prime for The Expanse, then kept it for for Picard, thats a bust. ST Discovery isn't worth subscribing for.

What shows/movies make Paramount+ worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Considering a good few of their new titles are big budget sci-fi productions (the Treks, Halo, Man Who Fell to Earth), I'm not really bothered signing up until they've sorted out the 4k HDR situation. Bit of a jip that decided to offer their international customers a lower quality service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the sky q app isn't working for me , saying 'high demand in sign ups try again later '

So if you just have Sky Plus HD with no cinema subscription then you dont get any Paramount content?

• Advertisement

Exactly, you can still subscribe stand-alone though.

All the streamers are making Sky’s previous monopoly over premium movies looking less and less value every day and this is an attempt to restore some value/interest in the package.

Might time to just sit back and wait for the end of seasons to sign up. Do a binge etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭owen28

Hi does anyone want to share a yearly sub with me for Paramount Plus. I have another person so 79.90 divided by 3 =26.63 each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Should get it on a few retries, same issue when at the activation part but OK on a retry.

TBH, while it's nice for free it's not really worth paying for with no HDR playback, never mind the lack of Atmos support at the moment.

I suppose at least you can use the Paramount app on a Shield or whatever so at least you're not tied to the Sky box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Is the U.K. also without 4K ?

I sent their customer support an email expressing disappointment that there is no 4K or Atmos (I called it “sub standard video and audio which it is as 4K is offered by all the others). I said I wouldn’t be subscribing and asked why this decision was made.

If a lot of people here complained it would speed the addition of 4K and Atmos.

I will actually subscribe as most of the time my internet isn’t strong enough for 4K and I’m eager to see Strange New Worlds and the Yellowstone franchise.

Is the library in the app larger than what Apple’s TV app channel shows?

Just checked my sky+ app on my phone and it shows Paramount + in the Catch Up TV section and I dont have a cinema sub or Sky Q!

But do you have access? It will show it but it doesn’t mean you watch it.

Apple’s TV app shows it and other streaming services but you can’t watch any unless you’ve subscribed.

is the 7 day free trial a part of the first month’s subscription or does the first month start after the trial ends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

• Advertisement

At work but will check later, I downloaded the first episode of The Offer so will see if it worked when I get home!

If it downloaded then it must work.

Could be Sky made a mistake ? Or maybe they’ve given all customers the free trial hoping to get people to upgrade their subscriptions.

Post edited by Spon Farmer on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I signed up for the 7-day trial and canceled straight away as the selection is terrible. I assume they will add more as time goes on but it's pretty limited at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

Is Frasier on it? I would assume this means all the movies made by Paramount on Netflix will end up being taken down and only exclusively on Paramount+? That would be a large amount of films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Signed up for the free trial and obviously you’d hope there’s more stuff to come but it’s a bit bare as it stands. One show that was a CBS show I loved was person of interest which I used to be able to watch on cbs all access isn’t there as we speak but again it’s a soft launch it appears.

Yes and eventually yes but maybe not for a while.

Cheers is there too for good measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will this be on it tomorrow as it gets droped on Paramount+ US tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Hopefully 😁

Dexter is on it, been told to watch that by a few people, so will give it a go!!!

• Advertisement

I meant to post earlier. You are right about no 4K but wrong about the audio - Dolby Digital 5.1 is supported on a lot of the stuff.

Advertisement