Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramount+ (launching 22 June)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Judge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Players is excellent. If American Vandal was a fictional Making a Murderer but with the central mystery involving someone drawing dick graffiti on a teachers car, Players is The Last Dance but set in the world of e-sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

What are good things to watch on P+? In your individual opinions.

Considering I just tested positive. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I started the final episode of Super Pumped Season 1 earlier but got interrupted. I figured might be best to ask this question before resuming.

What has the businesswoman Abigail Johnson to do with Uber?

Has she been shown as a board member been in the previous episodes and I just have not noticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭wassie

She is CEO of Fidelity Investments, one of the investors and not a board member. Huffington was the only female board member at that time. I wont say anymore to avoid spoilers.

Was using Paramount+ with NordVPN over the weekend and it worked with Aus no problem to watch the Man Utd v Aston Villa game in Perth. Couldnt get it working with the US however as it kept signing me out.

Players is fantastic. Can't wait for the finale.

Started up the 3 part Victoria's Secret documentary last night.

I don’t know why but I do know who she is which is why I was confused by her sudden appearance.

There was some talk through the series of other investors so I suppose I should have figured it out.

Huffington, Cook and Cue are the only people that I knew. Had never heard of the rest and I didn’t know any of this had gone on with UBER.

I really enjoyed it although it could have done with some explanations about various things like who the two other Benchmark guys were that worked with Bill Gurley.

Granted I only see the Apple guys on the Event streams but the playing Eddy Cue didn’t put much effort into being like Eddy Cue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭techdiver

Can believe a streaming service launches in UK and Ireland in 2022 and is maxed out at 1080p, with no HDR, Dolby Vision, Atmos, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

About a week left on my free trial and I won't be renewing and paying for it.

I've about the same and I probably won't be renewing based on the fact that I'll have watched anything high on my watch list by the time the trial ends and next months upcoming additions aren't very enticing.

In saying that it'll be a streaming platform that I'll keep my eye on and temporarily resubscribe once more content lands.

Somewhat talking to myself when it comes to Players but the season finale was added today and it's a fantastic end to a fantastic first season of TV.

Scream (2022/5) also added today.

I have put Players on my watchlist because of your posts ;)

thanks for alerting me to the arrival of SCREAM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Does anyone know if Are you afraid of the dark 2022 is on Paramount +

I don't remember seeing it there. My free month trial has expired though so I can't tell you for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looked at justwatch and looks like the first 2 seasons of the reboot series are available to buy.

The new one isn't anywhere. Watched the first 2 seasons recently and liked them.

Has anyone else noticed the TV app showing content available on Paramount+ but that the series or movie isn’t showing on the Paramount app itself?

While browsing the TV app I saw that Dr Quinn Medicine Woman has a single episode from it’s third season and no others while the Paramount app itself has no episodes.. I have no interest in that series but I’m curious if there is other content like this that should be available but isn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Yulu

Does anyone know when we'll be getting 4K, HDR etc, or an Xbox app for this streaming service in Ireland, or missing shows such as Picard, Ren and Stimpy etc? I also find it irritating that the Watchlist is dumped on the main page along with everything else instead of having its own page like on Disney+ or Netflix.

I half-like Paramount+. It has a fair amount of content which I'd be interested in. But the app itself is terrible and far too much content is missing. I also think that at least stuff like Star Trek should be in 4k. What is extra annoying is that when I checked Microsoft Store they are selling Star Trek films in 4k UHD for €16 each. If you want to watch old Nickelodeon cartoons from the 90s such as Rocko's Modern Life etc. you have no choice but to subscribe to Paramount+

I could see myself subscribing annually to an improved version of this. Yet in comparison to other streaming services it just comes across as rubbish and bad value right now.

I’ve emailed their customer support about 4K, etc. before but they only know it is going to happen but not when. We’ll probably find out the same time they do.

Just this week it was announced that Picard Season 3 would be coming to Paramount+ and Prime Video at the same time. I believe season 1 and 2 will also be added along with Lower Decks - I think the said Paramount+ would be “the home of STAR TREK”.

The app is bad but fortunately for me it is a channel on Apple’s TV app so the app is not even needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,474 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Does anyone know how to knock off subtitles? I had to manually deactivate it each time I watched something but now that option is no longer working on the app on my LG smart TV.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Very unusual the situation where Picard will be doing first run episodes on two different streamers simultaneously. Also probably a lot of Discovery fans wondering why Paramount and Netflix couldn’t have agreed a similar deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭bugsyb4

Got the free month from code someone posted here which is just up.

Emailed customer service to see is there any promo codes going at the minute and they gave me another 1 month free so worth a try for people on a trial.

Enjoying it so far have watched Top Gun: Maverick, The Offer and Tulsa King. Would recommend them all especially enjoyed The Offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Yulu

Does anyone think the €80 annual plan for Paramount+ is worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,571 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Being honest, I've barely used it for free and even that seemed too much, though I did want to catch Tulsa King, but last I checked the app it was still HD and below only with no HDR support

I certainly wouldn't be paying for it if that's still the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Different regions and or countries have different licencing. We don't get the same content as the UK on prime for example.

Ireland is probably last on the list being so small.

Originally the app didn't work on many tvs in Ireland. Many got updated since launch and now work.

I only joined to get Star Trek and Halo. So paid for the year on the original offer. But HD only is really disappointing. I wouldn't have bothered if I'd known that. I don't really want to watch the new Top Gun 2 in HD.

Probably the smart thing to do is wait until an entire series you want is available, watch for the month and then cancel.

Weirdly prime wouldn't let me watch Picard ep2 said not available yet. But I watched them all P+. Prime can be weird at times though. I'll be dopping prime when I get around to it.

• Advertisement

I think for most peeps no.

But for me its useful as I use a VPN to access content in other regions, most notably sports. In the US they stream CBS Sports which I use for my NFL fix, along with Soccer from other leagues.

Advertisement