Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Felt eaten in attic

• 05-05-2022 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, so a few weeks back my husband thought he heard something like a mouse in the attic. He went up the next day and found thousands of dead flies up there,no sign of a mouse. We put down mouse traps and he checked last night and still nothing there.

The first time he went up he noticed something had eaten holes into the felt in roof. He sealed these up with tape as a temporary solution. He went up again last night and found a few new holes eaten in the felt and a phenomenal amount of dead flies on the inside of the felt around the holes

What am I looking at here? I was checking online and think it cud be carpet beetles but I'm not sure. Could it be something else? I'm terrified that there's a rat up there and I know a mouse trap won't catch a rat. Any magic solutions to get rid of whatever is up there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

put mouse traps up there and you'll soon find out, either mice or shrews very unlikely a rat

Advertisement