Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shotgun licence

Options
  • 05-05-2022 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

I had a limited shotgun licence for nearly 20 years & gave it up around 2008. I would like to get into shooting again & I've spoken to our local club secretary & no problems there.

I've tried to make contact with our local Garda station but it's always closed, I've rang & left my number but they haven't replied. I wanted to ask if it was necessary to complete a course as I had a licence previously & did I need to buy a gun cabinet or was it okay to break it & have a trigger lock.

There was a leaflet in the station window with the name of a guy who ran courses locally, but when I came home & checked on the NARGC site for Cork his name isn't on it.

I suppose my option is to just do a course & buy a second hand cabinet & fill in the form & post it through their door. When I spoke our secretary he suggested maybe trying another station but it comes under another district to my local.

Any suggestions please gents ?

Comments

Advertisement