Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Hub 3 modem only mode - still supported?

Options
  • 05-05-2022 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey everyone,

seen slots of legacy posts on this topic of getting VM to enable the hub 3 for modem only mode, and having a static IPv4 assigned. Just on the phone to support now though, and they're saying they don't support this? Has this been discontinued?

Thanks for any tips!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I have the media hub 4 and I want to put it into modem mode but no option when I log in.

Previously I rang them asking to change it to ip4 so hopefully they still do this

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Thanatus

Have a hub 4 myself running modem mode and just want to say the ipv4 address assignments are dynamic not static. Changing router Mac address will request a new IP lease (Does refuse to give a new lease of IP if done too often).

As far as I am aware it is not discontinued just need to get through to competent support staff who don't just parrot a script back to you. (best bet is probably tech support or if an engineer is doing the install have them contact support to get it sorted before leaving)

If they have stopped allowing modem mode then they will likely not get new customers who want to use their own hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

Request them to disable IPv6. You'll have the options following the implementation and reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

What he said ^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Rang Virgin and was told i could do it myself in settings could not figure this out. Then rang again got another person and they trf it over to ip4 and I had to reset and reboot modem

Then logged in again and there was modem mode option. Selected it and added Asus router and all working now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 lpw

Thanks all! Basically sounds like it's a combination of finding the right person, asking for a move off of ipv6, and hopefully when they do that, it enables the option.

I had gotten through to tech support, so that's why thrown a bit when they said they no longer supported. Will try again to see if I get a different result - maybe was the way I was asking.

Advertisement