Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thursday May 5th 2022

• 05-05-2022 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

7.00 Chelmsford

Am really liking the warm favourite SIR GREGORY 7/4 to do very little here. Trainers and layers know more than us folks for sure but! Like a few in this Sir Gregory is a last time out winner. He has won 2 races from 15 starts, and all bar one of those starts were over 6f, with his sole attempt at a race other than 6furlongs being a run over 7furlongs at Wolves last July.

When he won last time, it was over 6f at Chelmsford, and he was rousted along to take it up a furlong out. But that was 6f and a totally different race to a 5furlong race. Is 4 years old, and presumably Mick Appleby saw something that really only horsey people can. But all that being said, it's a 5f race, and there are a few who will get on with it early. My head's thinking: A: he is too short a price and B: he will be tapped for toe early on; and my hope is that he won't even be able to get into contention here. Have laid him at short odds to finish out the four places. If he goes close I'll be sad, but that's racing.

I know folks like winners on here, but I couldn't find any live contenders. HEY HO LET'S GO 8/1 is in very good form lately - winning his last two. They were at Lingfield over the minimum, and he hit the lids quickly in both. Chelmsford is a similar type test I believe, so why can't he put up a bold showing? A 6 year old on a hattrick in a Class 6 shouldn't be high single figures I feel.

Wings Of A Dove 3/1 also won lto from racing prominently. That was at Lingfield over the five, and she'd certainly have her chances as well. A fair enough price - I think I'll back her win and HHLG each way in this.

Good Luck

sorry for not putting time of race in - fixed now 😊

Post edited by Konny Rool on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

Of the four market principals I'm not liking three of them in 8.00 Chelmsford. Apart from SABINYO 4/1 I think the rest have doubts staying, whereas Sabinyo doesn't. It wasn't a great race where he finished second over about a furlong and a half further than today's trip. That was at Brighton and his first ever run, and there was daylight between him and the third. He led that day and it's hard to know if he will do so over today's shorter trip. Looks a value pick with a live chance here and hopefully he wins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

Great write-up, Konny, you just forgot to mention that the race in question is 7pm in Chelmsford [class 6 handicap over 5f].

I do agree with you about Sir Gregory's lack of show over 5f and today he's lugging around almost a stone more than when winning LTO, also new jockey takes over Theodore Lad who was steering hime home for half of the season, he has a good draw though but that might not be enough.

Me too, failed to find a good alternative, you can poke holes into all of them CVs but Wings of Dove is till relatively light raced 4yo, she was rated into 80s at the start of her career [61 today] and only has been dropped into class 6 recently. She's drawn in the box 8 but with not much predicted pace in that race she should be able to get herself into handy position just behind Bernard Spierpoint who likes to lead. Another worry is that she's on the drift but we risk for a biscuit. I had a winner is Chester earlier on, so I have some spare cash to burn here which is literally what it is 🤣

Good analysis there j@utis and WD on getting a winner - they're hard to find ! 😊

ta for setting me straight - was a rookie error that, forgetting to put the time and the place of the race in concern 🤩

he's getting really short now that Appleby jolly - we still lives in hope! :D

Well that was disappointing :( the jolly got 2nd place,, WD anyone who was on the winner You're Cool in that 7.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

That was a mess of a race. Wings of Dove jockey managed to get her into trouble multiple times, bumped all over the place, not a chance from where she was.

• Advertisement
Advertisement