Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does Israel Get way with this

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Good to see you back after your last aborted attempt at counterpoint.

This land was occupied a few posts earlier and now you've upgraded it to colonised 😂

I see you've given up on the Golan as a bad job now, 😁 If Palestine doesnt exist as you imply, whos land are the Israelis occupying?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭Brucie Bonus

You've dodged the whole problem. You can't tell me where the Israeli state begins or ends. It makes a nonsense of any 'just minding our own business' claims. Israel is the aggressor.

Israels borders are very well defined, you can check them on Google maps.

Any you were going to let us know if the Palestinians and their elected representatives recognise Israels right to exist, because that might have some small bearing on matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

The system is designed to intercept and destroy short-range rockets and artillery shells fired from distances of 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) to 70 kilometres (43 mi) away and whose trajectory would take them to an Israeli populated area

No expert but still know more than you do. I guess there will be no explanation then for how you can intercept a solid piece of steel that has the ability to pass through multiple buildings leaving a trail of destruction in it's path...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Then it should be easy for you to acknowledge Israel is not operating within its defined borders.

• Advertisement

They change almost daily, which is the problem. You can't take land forcefully and at the same time claim to be the victim.

Some people want Isreal to disappear. Some people want all non-israelis to dissappear. Israel is the state that is actively being aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

And just to point out if Palestine was the aggressor and had millions pumped into their military by America and who ever else and was stealing Israeli land and were stuck in blockades. Do you think the Israeli's would just lie down no they would be the ones called the terrorists and firing rockets.

It's all about perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Odhinn

You're being disengenous, and deliberately obtuse.

The Palestinian people are represented by a number of groups.

Why can't you acknowledge the colonisation of the West Bank, Golan, Arab East Jerusalem?

You certainly are no expert, 😂 rockets are not solid pieces of steel, nor are artillery shells. Would you like me to post more vidoes of IJ launching rockets and Iron Dome taking out rockets? Is your conspiracy theory that IJ are not launching hundreds of rockets at Israel? Far out stuff.

Yes inded, Syria is at war with Israel and Isreal is occupying the Golan heights as part of that war

It's very strange that Israel would deny Hamas and IJ the ability to attack them, very strange indeed.

Perhaps if they dropped the levels of antisemitism that would make Hitler blush from their charter and stopped attacking Israel they might see a change in their situation. You might cast your mind back about 25 years when Israel unilaterally pulled out from the West Bank and Gaza, what did Hamas do? They used it as an opportunity to start lobbing rockets into Israel. At some point you have to just accept the Palestinians are going to continue on this path with the backing of Iran, Israel are going to continue to deny them the ability to attack their nation, and liberals in the west are going to cry about it.

It is quite ironic though, that for Irish lefties a bunch of headgangers who are two steps awy from Islamic State are the hill that they will plant their rainbow flag on and die. Perhaps they should organise a pride parade in the West bank and see what happens 😂

You certainly are no expert, 😂 rockets are not solid pieces of steel, nor are artillery shells. 

Solid steel body and housing on both

Though I guess I can't say with certainty that Gaza is manufacturing hassams consistently by any means, reasonable to suggest many qassams are forged from bulk recycled metals. And what I think he is referring to are steel-tipped ones that lack an explosive but are launched for penetrating force.

• Advertisement

Yes inded, Syria is at war with Israel and Isreal is occupying the Golan heights as part of that war

Strange that American Israelis and native Israelis are showing up to populate an active warzone?

This would be like me setting up home in Baghdad in 2005 and working from home and declaring my neighborhood was US land.

Perhaps if they dropped the levels of antisemitism that would make Hitler blush from their charter and stopped attacking Israel they might see a change in their situation

This already happened

Which charter are you referring to, what revision.

Thanks for posting a diagram that proves my point, showing the big hollow (as in the opposite of "solid" ) centre of an artillery shell filled with explosives, without which you miight as well be firing cannon balls. Perhaps meditate a whille on why these objects are called "shells" 😂

Would you know like argue about what a rocket it? As apparently you're a little fuzzy on it

As much as I enjoy your weird insistence on arguing a point regardless it's a bit trying having you always spam out mulitiple posts rather than collecting your thoughts into a single coherent post.

I assure you the casing of an artillery shell is made of solid steel.

I can assure you that you're desperately sperging out now, artillery shells are not solid steel, as claimed. Again meditate on the word "casing", accept that you fixated on something that turned out to be wrong and move on.

What were the bullets made of that murdered the journalist?

Have you not been able to meditate on the other questions you are dodging?

What are Israels borders?

Are they operating within them?

Why on earth would they build settlements in a warzone on territory that they don't own?

Which version of the Hamas charter/Palestinian Charter are you referring to with Hitler-blushing language and is this version still current?

I went ahead and compiled these into one post for your announced preference.

If the Iron Dome could deflect at your rate then there'd be no need for any "retaliation" by the Israeli forces...

Are you admitting that you have no concept (or even inkling) of how the technology works nor any evidence that the Iron dome can intercept artillery shells as claimed?

For the benefit of anyone who doesn't know where I'm going with this - every single time there is an assault by Israeli forces (often hitting civilians) they claim that it is a 'preemptive strike', a misfire by 'Palestinian terrorists' or in retaliation for attacks intercepted by the Iron Dome by terrorists residing in Palestine. There are very rarely any Israeli casualties.

What's even more spurious (and what is being defended here embarrassingly by @Dyr ) is that the Israelis claim the Iron Dome can intercept artillery shells (projectiles often fired by tanks, turrets or mortars) that can travel in excess of 1000 m/s (3600km/h, 30% faster than the top speed of an F15 fighter jet) demolishing anything they come into contact with (buildings, tanks, etc.). But despite their low radar footprint and immense speed and ballistic value - the Israelis have managed to find a way to intercept them?

Or they could be talking out their ****oles...

Post edited by Markus Antonius on

• Advertisement

I'm sure the Israelophiles will be applauding their 'honesty and integrity' despite the dogs in the street knowing what happened from the beginning...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,317 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

There will be no peace in that region without tangible and credible international intervention… by intervention I mean sanctions…

you will NEVER see sanctions against Israel… too much to lose for any party, both Republicans and Democrats… the most they ever do is pay lip service to that conflict, put people in front of TV cameras , go to meetings and ultimately are scared beyond belief what might happen and how much their domestic vote might be compromised if they might make ANY noise critical of Israel.

in 20 years the exact same impasses will be prevalent….

I think around 5.8 million Jewish people in the USA…. That’s a lot of votes.

The majority diasporo of Jewish people generally disapprove of the colonisation of the occupied territories, afaik. However there is a very strong and strident lobby group in the US backed by the Israeli state. As for sanctions - at one stage US support for Apartheid South Africa seemed unmovable, yet in time the BDS movement helped end it. Thats why supporting BDS against the Israeli state is so important.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,228 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I never met an Israeli who approved of the colonisation of occupied territories either.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

syria is not at war with israel, israel is at war with syria as part of border expansion.

israel is occupying syrian land because it wants to and wishes to take as much land as it possibly can.

israel could very easily deny hamas the ability to attack them without stealing land, ethnic cleansing, colonisation and genocide.

no matter what the palestinians did israel would not stop it's border expansion, ethnic cleansing, genocide, land theft and colonisation.

your islamaphobic victim blaming and ranting at the end is irrelevant.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Just to note, a far more significant group of votes is that of the evangelical right, and they largely are indeed pro-colonisation/Israel.

Israel wasn't even a decade old and they were at war with Egypt to take control of the Suez Canal 😆 and yet the internet is full of bleeding hearts for them.

God only knows what prices would be like now if they controlled the flow of goods coming from the East..

LOL You mean when Egypt blockaded Israels access to the Suez Canal and the Red Sea? Yeah, Israel invaded and their access was restored. Boo hoo for Egypt. Course the Egyptians eventually leared to wind their neck in and things have been tickety boo between both states ever since

• Advertisement

Amazing what you can do with the explicit support of a nuclear superpower

Advertisement