Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIV Golf Invitational League...... NO Political/Ethical conflict posts, see Post#2

1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭paulos53

I just read that Canter was suspended originally and paid all of his fines to get back on the European Tour. He never resigned from the tour.

He played twice on the LIV tour this year as a reserve. Crucially he entered the European tour events those weeks but didn't get in as his tour card category is too low. So no further suspension or fines to worry about.

Today's win moves him up to 4th in the rankings for a PGA tour card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I absolutely love how little coverage this shít heap has gotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I remember Garcia crying and threatening not to play the British Open because he didn’t like the tax he had to pay on his winnings.

He thought he was too big for the event and wanted a tax exemption to play.

Proper horrible little despicable human.

I’m delighted he has ended up where he is. I’d say he counts his money every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

One thing for sure everyone knows what he truly is. Shown his true colours over the years. Bashing bunkers out of it. When Padraig won the open he wasn’t pleased. NR tournament to show up at a basketball ball game with nothing wrong with him. He probably picks up a cent if he saw it on the ground. Delighted he’s gone off the scene and never got the Ryder cup captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Interesting one re bunker bashing.

Michael Kim, a pro that's a regular twitter poster, was talking about the rules for pros.

If a caddie doesn't properly rake a bunker after his player is in it, eg leaves a footprint, and another player lands in that unraked mark, then the player who's caddie doesn't rake the bunker properly gets fined.

The player impacted needs to call an official over, they note it down and its then checked against shotlink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

• Registered Users Posts: 25 animajic

I bet his caddies loves having to go in a fix them up after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

I remember he once hit a bunker shot through the green and into the bunker on the other side. Slammed his club into the sand, only to be told it was the same bunker on the other side he'd hit it into, u-shaped around the green. 2 shot penalty for grounding his club.

Jim Furyk summed it up years ago when commenting about the Ryder cup, saying that they had played against 11 gentlemen and Sergio Garcia.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

lol, the U shaped bunker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Seemingly a draft agreement has been signed with pga tour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

Why on earth are LIV playing Valderrama of all places the week before the Open?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Don't think we've seen a links course on the LIV rota yet, that would be interesting

Advertisement