Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance

• 05-05-2022 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭

My insurance is up for renewal for hunting, cover for being out on the land etc.

I can't seem to find a company offering insurance or am I missing them?

I see plenty of news reports about companies not offering insurance anymore.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 justbehindit

--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭JP22

To best of my knowledge Country Sports Ireland are not taking any more new members for insurance in ROI.

IFA Countryside can provide you with insurance, they are underwritten by FBD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭tomtucker81

I think ifa are the only insurers left. Just checked them out there and will have to renew with them.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Things that make you go Hmmmm... From the ICABS website.

As highlighted by ICABS last month, Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty - which is part of the Allianz Group - had been providing insurance to “Country Sports Ireland”. We are happy to learn that AGCS has withdrawn this insurance and that it would “not be inviting renewal of these policies from 31 January 2022”.

“Last year, another company within the Allianz Group [Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty] took the decision to withdraw cover they were providing to an organisation involved in hunt activities in Ireland, which took effect in January 2022,” an Allianz representative told us today, adding “Allianz Ireland has not been involved in insuring anything to do with activities of this kind.”

A new notice on the Country Sports Ireland website now states: “Please note insurance benefits apply to members domiciled in the UK only. We are currently unable to provide any insurance benefits for members domiciled in the Republic of Ireland and have therefore suspended taking membership payments from ROI based members until new insurance arrangements are secured.”

A big THANK YOU to everyone who joined our appeal to Allianz.

Maybe then Allianz can also do without our car,house,van busisness and other insurance policies if we are the great undesirable???

Ironic that their parent company Allianz Germany provides hunting insurance and protection from hunt sabs and damage caused by these loons.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Some good news...Mentioned this to CSI yesterday in an email, and they are going to relaunch the insurance policies for shooting, within the next 12/14 days in Ireland.👍️

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭JP22

So they must have gotten a new insurance provider/underwriter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Rescueme0007

Attended the Deer Stalker training course in the MNSCI last weekend. Speaking with Ronan over the weekend he was pleased to confirm that they (CSI) have attained an insurance provider, so good to go!

Advertisement