Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullseye 360

Options
  • 06-05-2022 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭

Happy to announce the return of Bullseye 360 after the plauge to Midlands.

We have pencilled in the first Saturday of every month as the competition dates. Start time 10 AM

I propose to run the competitions on a league basis. If we start on 7th May then there

will be 7 competitions through to November and the proposal is that the shooter's best

5 results will count for their final score. This will allow time for missed competitions

due to holidays etc. The proposed scoring system is to award the person with the

highest score 1st place 20 points, 2nd place 19 points, 3rd place 18 points etc. We hope

to award medals to the league winners.

Bullseye 360 is open to all, inc non-members of Midlands. It's a "Run what ya got!" competition for ALL CF and RF pistols and rifles.IRRESPECTIVE of action. Air guns also welcome.

You need 2x mags of 5 rounds for .22 cal,and of 6 rounds for any cal above.22. Sights can be anything you want. Slings and supports are the only things NOT allowed.

It's shot from prone, sitting/kneeling and standing with rifle, and various distances, single and 2 handed in pistol.

Hope to see you there.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,049 ✭✭✭clivej

Great to hear this is back, one of my favorite competitions to shoot. But then I'm the best shot there 🤣

BUT sorry to have to say dew to ill health I won't be making many this year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You were missed alright Clive...You clearing the boards and leaving everyone in the dust...Wasn't!🤣

Was a good day and nice to see some familiar faces,albeit two years older for the shoot.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Curious about this competition, what are the distances like(broadly speaking, or a range) for the rifle(RF & CF) and pistol?

What targets are used(paper, steel, etc)?

Would a bipod be classed as a support?

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

Rifle

prone 50 yds 12 rounds CF or 10 rds RF in 8 mins

Sitting/kneeling 30 yds same ammo count 4 mins

Standing 20 yds " " " 2 mins

Handgun CF 2x 6 rds RF 2x5 rds

8mins @ 30 yds double handed

4 mins@ 25 yds double handed

2 mins split between the 20 and 10-yard positions single hand 1 mag @ each distance.

Bipod, monopod,slings, kneeing a large mag or using large mag as ground rest, etc are all a NO! You can keep the sling on your rifle or use the bipod if the gun is down after shooting a string to not let it be in the dirt.But they are prohibited as any sort of support aid while shooting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Ah cool, very nice.

Might hop along to the next one, going be the schedule above being the 4th of June.

Fun little comp!

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 landweller

What target do these bullseye competitions use?

Standard Black/White 6-10 ring 22x22 cms

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Same targets are used for both pistol and rifle and all calibres

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

Advertisement