Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on a network and plan

• 07-05-2022 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

My wife and I moved back from the UK last year and a month ago we moved into a new home.

We have been on Eir since we arrived but unfortunately where we are has very poor coverage from them. In fact the only network with solid coverage in our house is Vodafone. We want to move to another network, either Vodafone themselves or any of the MVNOs using their network.

One thing I can't get over are the prices from Vodafone in Ireland for a sim-only plan. Anything that have available is at least twice the price of what we were paying them in the UK. What are our best options for a reasonable sim only tariff on Vodafone's network with reasonable data and some allowance for roaming. We live in Leitrim and go up into Northern Ireland so want to be able to use mins and data when we do so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭slippinjmmy

an post mobile is great, runs of the vodafone network

15 euro a month

unlimited data, calls and texts

first month free when you switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭GIMP

Data isn't unlimited it has a fair usage of 50gigs, but its still not a bad deal with Postmobile.

Look at Vodafone payg plans too, they are better value than their sim only and can be set to top up automatic each month very similar to a billpay option.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Sue de Nimes

Thanks for the advice guys. We ended up going contract with Vodafone. They had a decent enough deal for new customers with a "free" iPhone 11 the other week. I moved one number onto that deal as I was going to buy a refurbnished phone anyway. We have 3 lines so their "family" plan made this just about workable.

Advertisement